Saturday, September 20, 2008

Adison at 10 Weeks - Irratic Sleeping

For some reason I never posted this, so here is what Adison was like a couple of weeks ago!

I knew I shouldn't be to confident that Adison was a good sleeper because this week she has woken a lot more in the night. I've done nothing different during the day but she wakes up more often. The worst night was putting her to bed at 7pm then she woke at 11:30pm, 3am and 6am. I know for most babies that is still really good, but I thought she would sleep better by now given how amazing she was as a newborn.


Nicolas and I have had really nasty colds and she is a bit sniffly so that may have something to do with it. She is still just the happiest, most content baby and we love her to bits.

Because she doesn't really look like anyone she seems even less like my baby than Nicolas did because at least he looked like a mini Adam. Her ears are a carbon copy of Adam's but they stick out a little bit at the top which makes her look like a cute version of Yoda when she cries! Her mouth is Adam's but everything else could be anyone. She looks most like my Mom which is strange as Mom and I don't look alike. Genetics is facinating; how kids can be such a mix of everyone in the family.
Sometimes she just looks so funny, especially when she pulls her lips in so it looks like she forgot to put dentures in.

Then other times I just think she's the cutest thing. Her eyes are still my color, but I don't think they'll stay blue, I think they'll go hazel like Adam's.
She likes being outside in her pram but will only lie and watch leaves for about 10 minutes. Nicolas would lie for an hour and just stare at trees. She does love lying under her mobile. I've still not tried her for naps in her crib but I had Nicolas in his crib by this age. I'm a lot more relaxed with her as I know she'll sleep in there eventually. She also has a passifier/dummy much more than Nicolas did because it keeps her quiet when I'm busy with Nicolas.


She coos all the time and smiles, but she still only poohs every 5-6 days so but the 5th day she is miserable whenever she eats. She is also a very stinky baby, even the ladies in the nursery at church have commented on her smelly farts and how loud she can burp - not very ladylike! I bath her every night in sweetpea baby stuff to try to counteract it!

No comments:

Post a Comment