Saturday, January 24, 2009
Adison at 6 Months
Adison has been eating food for a months now. I started her at 5 months and 1 week because she just won't sleep through. I think she is just about there and will normally sleep 11-7am but I can't guarantee it.
She had a strong tongue thrust reflex when I first started to feed her as she was so young, and she didn't know to open her mouth, but now she loves her food and has 3 meals a day.
She definately likes fruit the best but also loves carrots. I put cream in her sweet potato instead of milk which she loves but she definately has to be in the mood for something. Nicolas would eat anything right from the start. She also gags very easily which I don't remember Nicolas doing, although he gags a lot now because he crams as much food as he can get into his mouth at once!
My plan was to start her on more exciting things this week, other than the basic root vegetables and apples, pears and bananas, but we are all sick and she doesn't want to eat much.
She has had a fever of 102 today and been very sad. Most of the time she is just the happiest baby. She just sits in her bumbo and watches Nicolas play or will sit in my lap and chew toys if we are playing on the floor.
Like Kirsten she loves to swing and smiles the higher you push her.
She adores Adam and smiles and smiles for him. He loves her because she is such a good baby during the day, so he only sees the best of her. Even at night she is easy to settle, I just wish she wouldn't wake at all.
She likes the baby walker for 5-10 minutes but is incapable of pushing it around. By her age Nicolas could push himself around and hold himself up on his legs. If you make her put her weight on her legs she can only hold herself for seconds and then her legs buckle under her. I definately think she will be like me and walk late, which I'm fine with, unless she gets fat and is too heavy to carry!
She doesn't mind being on her tummy for a bit but as she can't see what is going on, she usually calls out after a few minutes. She can almost sit unaided but she has no ability to roll over. Again I'm not that bothered because it means I don't have to worry about her falling of beds and couches.



She loves her feet, especially before bathtime when she doesn't have tights or sock on and then she loves to suck her toes. She can roll onto her side to get to her toes, so maybe she'll roll all the way over soon.

She loves her bathtime and Nicolas makes her laugh all the time. He also pours water in her face if you don't watch him. He tries to pour it on her tummy but often misses and gets her face instead.
She is very good natured about it though and quickly recovers.
She is now well into 6-9 month clothes and measured 16.8lbs (863%) and 27 inches (85%) at her six month check up. She is about a pound heavier than Nicolas was at this age and 1 1/2 inches longer. I wish they were the other way around because I really hope for her sake she doesn't grow taller than about 5'7" but if she does, at least she lives in the basketball capital of the world!! She is very chubby and has the cutest rolls of fat at the top of her thighs. Adam says she is his cubbiest baby and he just loves her to bits.
Her eyes are still blue and about the same color as mine, but I'm not certain they'll stay blue as Kirsten's eyes look pretty blue in photos where she is about Adison's age. I live in hope though as Ben produced 3 out of 4 kids with blue eyes.
Her stranger anxiety is getting much better. She rarely melts down for family members now and is fine in the nursery at church, but I got called out of my first class at the gym today because she was having a crying fit. I think it was because it was new and she was getting sick. I was glad as I would have never made it through the whole class without the break!

I still love the time I spend with her so much, especially when Nicolas is asleep. When he was asleep at night as a baby, it would never have occured to me to wake him up just to hold him, but if Adam is working late or out with friends, I'll wake her up just to snuggle with me in bed until I go to bed. Mom told me that you feel very differently about a girl than a boy, but I didn't believe her until Adison was born. I check Adison's window every night just to make sure it's locked and no one can come in and steal her, but that thought would never have entered my head with Nicolas. I don't love him less than her because he is the minature version of Adam that I always dreamed of, I just love her differently.

The day before my friend Angie arrived from Canada it was about freezing so I bundled the kids up and took them outside while I blew the driveway. Adam came home while we were out there and I think he thought I was crazy to be out in the cold with the kids. I love the cold and I want the kids to get used to being outside in winter. As you can see Adison was perfectly happy in the little suit I bought years ago for Nicole. I never thought my baby girl would get to wear it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey girl! I finally made a blog. I need some help with posting pics though. love ya'll.
ReplyDeleteerin
love all the pics of Adison in her precious sweater we gave her.
ReplyDeleteshe is so freaking adorable! and i love the dresses you made her.
ReplyDelete