Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nicolas at 12 Weeks - Almost Seeing His Hands

Nicolas hasn't really done anything new this week, but he is starting to be aware of his hands. He looks suprised when they move past his face! He does smile all the time (unless he's tired), and loves Adam so much that he smiles for him all the time.



The weather has been gorgeous and so we've been outside alot. Nicolas loves just sitting in his chair and looking around.
We've had a couple of nights when Nicolas has been up every 30 minutes from about 3am onwards, normally when he hasn't fed well during the day. I had stopped his afternoon nap as it's hard to get him to settle, but then by 7pm he's so tired he won't feed, so he wakes up hungry in the night. Much as I love Gina Ford's routine, I have accepted that Nicolas needs an afternoon nap and he will wake up about 2-3am for a small feed and then go through to about 6am. How you get a 12 week old to sleep from 11pm to 7am is beyond me. I've tried all the things she suggests and none of them work, so I'll just let Nicolas do his thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment