Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Last Few Weeks

The last few weeks have flown by in a whirl of visits, halloween and church stuff. Nicolas and I have been busy everyday but don't have much to show for it! I organized a meal out with some of the new Moms from church and they all enjoyed it so much they want to do something which includes Dads too, so Adam and I will probably organize a party at our house. I'm still making tea and lemonade on a Wednesday and loving my bible study on a Sunday, although I never get all my reading done!

I had one totally traumatic thing happen 2 weeks ago. I came home at lunch time andto look out of the window to see a dead rat!! I have an absolute terror of rats and I haven't seen one for years. I called Adam and as he picked up the phone Leo put his paw on the rat which made it rise up and look me in the eye. Even I was suprised by the extreme reaction I had, I was hyperventilating and it literally took me 10 seconds before I could even explain to Adam that Nicolas was OK and it was just a dead rat outside. Adam was wonderful and came home early from work and sealed up the only hole into the house that we know of, and all the holes where pipes come in under the sinks.
We went to one of my favorite parks with the kids so they could play and Adam could fish, and Adam looked after all the kids so I could run with Leo. They had a fire truck at the park which the kids loved climbing on. Without the pram to push I could run faster and further, and ended up running 3 miles in 30 mins, but by then end of it I sprained my ankle so badly I was limping for a week. I walk at least 3 miles a day with Leo, so he was crazy as I couldn't walk him and it made me realize how much I love going to the park.
Oct 31st was Halloween and we had such a good night. We met the kids and went round a neighborhood near where Lisa lives. There were so many parents driving from door to door, rather than walking, which made it a bit chaotic, but I still loved it. Kirsten is so much fun to do stuff like that with because she really enters into the spirit. She was a pink pirate and she is normally so coordinated that we were suprised that she kept falling over curbs and banging into things. It was only after she fell over several times that we realized that of course she had one eye covered with a patch! Nicolas was really good and then eventually fell asleep, and even Leo was literally an angel! Adam's youngest brother, Jon and his wife Tori came to stay at the begining of November which was wonderful. It was great to spend really good time with them and the kids loved having them spend the night.We also went to Lilli's 3rd birthday on Nov 3rd and got to see alot of people we don't get to see very often, which was fun.
This weekend we went for dinner with one of my best friends Leah. She has bough the most amazing 100 year old house about an hour from here and she and her fiance have so much work to do to restore it. It looks wonderful already and we had a good time catching up on all their news. Then on Sunday an friend of Adam's from High School and her husband and kids came for lunch after church. They hadn't seen each other for about 10 years so they got caught up. She made the best pound cake, so now I have a new recipe to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment