Halloween falls on our weekend this year so we get to go trick or treating with all the kids. We got them there costumes this weekend and Jaden wanted to be a storm trooper. Unfortunately the suit was a bit small (and see through which really distressed him!), but he spent most of the weekend with the mask on, playing with the gun. Kirsten has a cat costume and looks very cute, but I didn't manage to get a picture of her.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Playing Outside and Halloween Costumes
The weather has been wonderful the last few days and it's been cold enough to kill off the last of the mosquitoes at night. We have been outside each afternoon and after I post this I'm going outside to do some gardening.
Adison is a bit too small for the swing but she didn't mind being in it for a few minutes.
Nicolas loves the swing and now Kirsten has taught him how to swing on his belly he thinks he's really big being able to swing like Jaden and Kirsten do.
Nicolas will spend ages in the pine island picking berries off the grass around the edge.
I couldn't find Nicolas on Friday and when I did he was hiding in the dryer!

Halloween falls on our weekend this year so we get to go trick or treating with all the kids. We got them there costumes this weekend and Jaden wanted to be a storm trooper. Unfortunately the suit was a bit small (and see through which really distressed him!), but he spent most of the weekend with the mask on, playing with the gun. Kirsten has a cat costume and looks very cute, but I didn't manage to get a picture of her.
Jaden is 9 now and in so many ways very grown up, but give him and his best friend Blake as mask and a gun and you realize just how young they are!
Blake is big for his age and Jaden is small for his age, but it's only when they stand next to each other that you realise the difference in size!
Mom knitted Nicolas this cute little sweater vest when she was here and he wore it to church on Sunday. When I take photos of the kids I crouch down so I'm on their level, so now whenever I get out the camera, Nicolas crouches down too! It makes getting a good picture of him a bit harder.
I also finally finished Adison's quilt yesterday. My finger and thumb are torn to shreds from quilting velor, but it looks really cute and feels so soft. I only posed her with the quilt, I know it will be a year or so before she can sleep with it because of 'cot death' issues.

Adam left one of his socks on the floor and for some reason the dog tried to eat it! Nicolas tried to rescue it from him.
One of my friends had given me this lion costume for Nicolas and I wanted to make sure it fitted. I didn't know if he would like it, but he did, especially the paws.

Leo went crazy when he put it on, I don't know if he thought Nicolas had turned into another Golden Retriever!
So Halloween should be fun this year. Adison is going to be a ballerina because I can staple some net to some ribbon and tie it round her waist and she can wear her socks that look like ballerina slippers.
Halloween falls on our weekend this year so we get to go trick or treating with all the kids. We got them there costumes this weekend and Jaden wanted to be a storm trooper. Unfortunately the suit was a bit small (and see through which really distressed him!), but he spent most of the weekend with the mask on, playing with the gun. Kirsten has a cat costume and looks very cute, but I didn't manage to get a picture of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment