Sunday, July 15, 2007

Nicolas at 6 1/2 Months - Found his Feet

Jaden and Kirsten were with Lisa this week so I got to recover from being sick and do very little! I made and froze lots of food for Nicolas. I had wanted to work in the yard, but it's been really wet and rainy. I joined Facebook and we'll see how I do. I never got into Myspace, but maybe I'll have more time for Facebook.

Nicolas found his feet this week. All he wants to do is hold on to them. His favorite thing is to sit in his highchair and play with them while he waits for his food.

He's also started to push up on everything so he is sitting upright. He doesn't like to lean back in his rocking chair anymore and pushes off the back of it so he's sitting up straight.

He's also getting better at trying to crawl. He now bends his legs, but still hasn't mastered bending them and moving forward. He goes up on his hands and his toes so his bottom is right up in the air.

We bought him a baby bouncer last week and he loves bouncing on the dog. Leo isn't allowed on the carpet so he lies in the doorway where the bouncer is. Nicolas thinks it's so funny to slam into the dog and grab handfuls of fur, or jump on his head. Leo is so used to Jaden and Kirsten that he just lies there and accepts it.

Nicolas will eat anything I give him. He's added peas, broccoli and courgette to the fruit and veg he was eating. He's not very good with lumps yet, he tends to gag on them and as he still shows no sign of teeth, he has nothing to chew with. I'm going to try introducing meat this week and see how he likes it. He eats about 5-6 oz 3 times a day and has an afternoon snack of fruit puree. He actually slept from 8:30pm to 7am last night but he's had an irratic sleep patten this week - sometimes waking at 2am and sometimes making it to 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment