Monday, July 23, 2007

Summer Vacation - Week 7

We had the kids until Thursday for their last week of summer. We tried to do as much as we could to make their last week fun. We went to Fernbank Natural History Museum on Monday with Sam, Isaac and Lilli. The kids love it there and Nicolas was awake this time - he slept the whole time the last time we were there. The kids played when we got home while I tried to vac out the alge from the pool, but as soon as I sucked it out, the filter churned it up and spat it back into the pool. The kids didn't seem to mind swimming in cloudy water, and at least I knew the alge was dead!

Tuesday we had to take Nicolas to the plastice surgeon, so I bribed the kids with a milkshake if they were good, and they were.

On Wednesday we went to a new water park with, Erin, Sam, Rebecca, Tiffany, Caroline and all the children. We had a great time and the kids loved the fact they could go down the water slide. Most parks won't let them as they aren't tall enough. We left just as it started to rain and then the kids had gymnastics in the evening. Adam had managed to leave work early and came to watch them as a suprise. They both did so well and I could see Adam was really proud.

The kids just played at home on Thursday because I had a cake to make and decorate for the husband of one of the new Mom's at church. It was quite a rush as Adam and I went to a 311 concert on Thursday night. It was our first night out without Nicolas since he was born and Stephanie babysat. Because we left at 4pm I had to leave food for Nicolas and make sure she had everything he needed. I knew he would be well looked after, so I could relax and enjoy myself. He was asleep by 8pm and Stephanie said he was really good. It felt so strange being without him, but we had such a good night with our friends Caroline and Brian.



Since then we've just been relaxing and doing stuff in the yard. Adam is working on turning the bottom shed in to a drum studio and I've been paving in front of the kitchen window. I've run out of pavers, but I'll have it finished by tomorrow, then I just have to save the money for some plants!! I also spent the weekend reading the new Harry Potter book. It's very good and it has my kind of ending, it's definately worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment