Monday, July 23, 2007

Nicolas - Nearly 7 Months and Nearly Crawling

Nicolas has continued practicing his crawling and he can move pretty fast and get anywhere he wants. I still wouldn't call it crawling as he walks his legs up until his bottom is way up in the air and then he bends his legs under and pushes forward. His arms and legs certainly aren't co-ordinated yet, but he's trying.

His new thing is to stand on the couch and lean against the cushions and look out of the window. He loves to look at the flag moving and just see the yard while he's standing up.


He's still bouncing in the Jonny Jumper, but he doesn't like to be in it for too long unless Leo is there to entertain him.
Because I feed Nicolas in his high chair, he's got used to sitting upright. Now when I put him in his reclining seat he pushes himself forward so he's sitting up right and leaning out. I worried it would tip over, but luckily it doesn't.
I tried feeding Nicolas on chicken this week. I did it in the crock pot with sweet potatoes and it tasted pretty good. I added lots of veggies to the puree and he loves it. He doesn't seem to digest much of what he eats as he produces a whole range of multi colored diapers!! He's on 3 meals and a snack now with 3 feeds from me. He has his 6 month shots this week so we'll see how he's growing.
We had the follow up meeting with Nicolas' plastic surgeon. He was literally with us for 3 minutes and said the scar looks good but is still too hard, so I have to continue to do lots of massage to soften it up. He also gave me some cream I have to put on twice daily to reduce the appearance of the scar and then we go back in 3 months. I suddenly realised that even if Nicolas does get used to falling asleep in my arms so I can do the massage, it's a small price to pay if he looks great when he's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment