I think we have finally cracked the sleeping through. Nicolas only woke in the night twice last week which was wonderful. I still feel really tired most of the time, but I think that's just recovering from the last 8 months!
Nicolas is very noisey now, he blows rasberries all the time and when he's moving he grunts all the time, whether he's in his baby walker or crawling. He pulled himself up for the first time on the hearth, but he won't pull up to standing yet. If you hold his hands he will walk really well because he's so used to being in the baby walker. He can get anywhere in that now, including backing up.
He prefers to be sitting up rather than being on his stomach. He has his bath sitting up, which he loves because he can splash like he does in the swimming pool, but it confuses him that when he grabs for his toys they float away. Teresa gave the kids all a gift card and we bought Nicolas a FisherPrice farm. I was so impressed because he chose the sheep as his favorite, it's well chewed already after only a few days use! He loves his toys, especially things that make a noise or move somehow. He really studies how things work. As he's always banging, Adam decided that it was time Nicolas learned to drum! He loves it, but it's a bit early to tell if he's inherited the Woodall rhythm.
Unfortunately he's lost interest in reading. He wants to be on the move all the time and not sitting quietly. He's still happy to go places, but when we are away from home for meals or later in the evening, he does get pretty winey, but he's still good overall.
Having had not much hair since he was born, it's now coming in really thick and soft, especially around the back. He's a dark blonde, but it goes brown when it's wet.
Nicolas is also totally weaned now and I really miss nursing him. The only good thing is I'm back in my old bras, so my underwear all matches again (only Shelley with understand how significant that is!). Thankfully my boobs are pretty much back to normal and probably slightly bigger, but that may be due to me still needing to lose 10lbs. I'm finally back to my pre-preganancy weight, but that is still heavier than I want to be. Leo and I go walking at least 3 miles in the morning with Nicolas before it get to 100 degrees, so that should help.
look at him go! i feel your pain on being where you want to be with the weight thing. i look forward to cooler weather so then i can take both babies for walks. he's just precious and we still need to get together.
ReplyDelete