Monday, August 6, 2007

A Relaxing Couple of Weeks

Now Jaden and Kirsten have gone back to Lisa's I've had a very relaxing couple of weeks. I helped Sam paint her living room ready for Ike's birthday party last weekend. I love doing something constructive, so Sam and I got to hang out and we had something to show for it too. The kids had a great time at Ike's party and ended up having a sleepover with Ike and Lilli, which they loved, especially Kirsten as it was her first sleepover at a girl's house.



Nicolas and I spent the day at the lake last week with Woody, Stephanie, Ben, Sam and the kids. I felt so bad enjoying myself while Adam had to work but I made up for it by planning a special day for him on Saturday. He got to go to a place called Durhamtown which is about 90 miles from here and has miles of trails through the woods for 4-wheelers and motoX bikes. I would love to have ridden too but Nicolas is a bit young still!!

Ben went with Adam and they had a great time, I think it took them back to their youth and racing dirt bikes. I hung out at the truck with Nicolas and Leo and provided food for them. Adam was pretty sore by Sunday but enjoyed his day out.
Nicolas was so sweet and just watched all the bikes go by.
It's too hot to do yard work at the moment so I'm trying to find things to do to fill my time. I'm trying to build the Newborn Ministy at church because it's a great way for me to meet people and give something back. I've also just signed up for a year long bible study because Jaden has a much better knowledge of the bible than I do, so I need to learn more so I can guide him.

No comments:

Post a Comment