On Tuesday Mom and I went shopping and then I walked with Karen and little Will to meet Nicole from school. She goes to the school I used to go to, so it was fun to go back there. I also met the wife of my first real boyfriend, and their little boy, who is 10 months old. She is lovely and the baby looks just like my ex.
Nicolas and I went to visit my cousin Rob and his wife and children in the evening. They live on the farm where he grew up, where I spent many days playing with my cousins, so it was a great trip down memory lane. Their children are so cute and Nicolas loved all the activity, and he got to see his first cow close up!
On Wednesday my friend Gillian and her little girl Lillia came round. We walked into the village and went to the park and then saw the horses on the way back.
It is so strange to be doing things like that with the friend that I used to have crazy nights in clubs with, but it makes us both really happy. We both decided that we enjoy having a take away and staying in and chatting now, or maybe going for a pub meal early in the evening with the babies!! At least we have got all the going out to bars and clubs out of our system in our 20s.
On Thursday we met Gillian, Lillia and her sister Vicky and her little boy and went swimming. They had the chair above at the pool so you could strap your baby in while you got dressed, which was such a good idea. Nicolas loves swimming and then we went to see Gillian's parents so they could meet Nicolas.
On Friday Mom took most of the day to make Christmas cakes and puddings with me. As I get older and become more Americanized it makes me want to keep certain English traditions alive. Adam hates raisins, so he doesn't like fruit cake or Christmas pudding, but I want Jaden and Kirsten to experience them and also Nicolas as he gets older. I've got the receipes now and hopefully Woody and Stephanie will enjoy them for our Christmas dinner so it won't just be me eating them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment