Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wonderful Weather in GA

I love March and April weather, it's warm and sunny and everything starts to grow. Nicolas is such an outside child and is never happier than when we are outside doing something.
I've been planting and weeding in the garden most days and I had a day tidying our shed (which is something I do at least every 6 months as it's where Adam and I dump everything that doesn't fit in the house!). Nicolas just wanders around the garden exploring with a stick in one hand and a stone in the other. He and Leo will take turns chewing on the stick, revolting I know, but it makes them happy.
I'm trying hard to train Nicolas to look but not touch flowers as he tends to rip them out of the ground and eat them.
If Nicolas can't get outside he'll stand on the couch and look out of the window longingly and he waves to any vehicle that drives past. I am amazed everyday how much I love him. Whenever I think he can't get any cuter, he does something so funny. He can say banana (Adam thinks it sounds like dadadad) but he uses it to mean more food. He points at lights where ever we are and makes his sound for light. He points at all the things he knows like Daddy, Leo, dogs, drink etc and I got lots of books out of the library this week with animals in them so we can work on animal names. He's trying a lot harder to say words and I can tell he understands most things I say to him. He knows that if I ask him what he has in his mouth (usually part of Star Wars storm tooper!) I'll try to take it out, so he runs off and when I catch him he has the jaws of pit bull and it's very hard to get out whatever it is he's trying to eat.

He makes himself laugh so much if he puts something in his mouth and then spits it out. He also loves it if you pretend to bite his fingers. Thankfully his appetite has returned and he's got his little tummy back. I hated to see him lose weight, but hopefully he'll start gaining again now.
Having just said how wonderful the weather has been here for the last week or so, last night a tornado hit downtown and did lots of damage. We had bad storms, but thankfully no damage

1 comment: