Thursday, April 10, 2008
A day at the Zoo
On Monday Nicolas and I went to the zoo with my friend Melissa and her baby Conor. It's spring break and the kids had gone to Florida with Lisa, so I decided to try out the zoo to see if it was worth getting a season pass. We had one for the Natural History museum last year which the kids loved, but they didn't change the exhibits often enough, so it got a bit boring. Melissa and I loved it!! Nicolas and Conor liked it to, but not as much as us!
The weather was cool and cloudy so there weren't many people there and all the animals were out, so it was perfect.
This gorilla was so funny because he would let the kids bang on the glass and then every so often he would bang back and scare them.
Nicolas was too little to be scared, but he loved all the animals because we've been looking at animals in books for a few weeks now trying to learn names.
It was amazing to be able to get so close to the gorilla.
My favorite was the pandas. This panda is the zoos baby, which is actually pretty big now. Pandas are definately one of my favorite animals.

I'd got Nicolas a couple of books from the library about pandas so he knew what it was, and obviously picked up on the fact I was VERY excited to see the pandas, so he was too. I spend my money for the week on admission and on the panda for him, but he can say panda and carries the panda with him a lot of the time, so it was worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment