Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adison Rose at 7 Weeks - Smiling at Last

Having spent the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy just getting through each day, and then having spent the last few weeks getting into a routine with Adison, I have had so much to catch up on. Finally I'm getting the time to update the blog. The photos are from the last 3 weeks.

At her 5 week check up she weighed 10lbs 1oz and was 21 3/4 inches, that puts her in the 60th percentile. I'm happy with that because I'd love her to be about 5'7'.

I feel bad because I'm so busy I hardly ever take photos of Adison, whereas with Nicolas I sat and looked at him, waiting for him to do something cute, and took hundreds of photos of him!! I'm trying to get better because I don't want her growing up wondering why their are no photos of her. So here are the things I want to remember about Adison but will forget if I don't write them down: She rarely blinks, just like Nicolas as a baby; her neck is much floppier than Nicolas' was, but she tries hard to lift her head and push forward when she's on her tummy; she is very hairy, but it's soft downy hair, especially on her shoulders and she has a faint line of hair down her forehead which is fading now; she has random 1/2 inch long hairs on her head, but her hair doesn't seem to be getting any thicker; she has a tiny tuft of fine hair on each ear where the hair grows in different directions (I'm making it sound like I gave birth to a gorilla!); she has a little crease in her forearm; she always has cold, clammy feet and hands.
She is so alert now and yesterday on her 7 week birthday she decided to stay awake from 6am to 3:30pm. She was very sweet and no trouble, but I felt like I should be talking to her and holding her as much as possible. All I wanted to do was assemble the dresser and shelves I'd bought her on Monday from Ikea. She slept from 11pm until 5:30am last night and only woke because of Adam's alarm. I'm almost finished with her room (the old guest room) and then she can sleep peacefully in there. I was pleased to get Nicolas out of our room when he was a couple of weeks old because he was so noisy, but she is so quiet that I don't really want to move her, but I know she will get into a better routine and sleep through sooner if I do. I'm amazed at how well she sleeps, but lack of sleep is catching up with me. Adam is going to give me a late sleep this weekend which I can't wait for.

She is becoming so expressive now, so these are the faces of Adison Rose.....

She doesn't often cry, but when she does it's very loud!!She yawns alot.....
.....and smiles in her sleep..........and scruches her face up....

...but she also furrows her brow and looks very serious.......

......and then tries hard to look like Elvis, just for my Mom!

And then there are the days she just doesn't want to pose to show Auntie Karen and Uncle Will how pretty she looks in the dress they sent. She has really strong legs and will hold her weight up if you support her under the arms.
I loved this picture because the bow on the dress looked like little wings, she is my angel after all.
She doesn't mind being in the car seat because she seems to know she will go somewhere new. Nicolas is so sweet with her and will go crazy pointing and shouting if she's sick or spits out her passy. She is sick just about eveytime I feed her or if I've just got her dressed to go somewhere. It's almost as if she saves a mouthful just to make me change her!
She is very alert and loves to see what Nicolas and I are doing. She is quite happy to sit in the bumbo seat for 5-10 minutes which Nicolas hated. The photo below shows the color of her eyes pretty well. Sometimes they look very blue, but sometimes they look brownish. I would love them to be blue, but I think they'll change.We've had a few days of cool weather (low 20's) so Adison has actually been outside. I want to get in the yard in a couple of weeks and get it sorted out, but I have other priorities at the moment. She will get to spend a lot of time outside in the fall. She loves looking around at the trees like Nicolas did.
We had Luke, Jack and Bowen stay for the evening a couple of weeks ago and they were so sweet with Adison. Luke just loves babies and will sit for ages with Adison on his lap. Jack was cute too but I think he only wanted to hold Adison to be like Luke.

I don't often get to just sit and hold Adison. I'm always trying to keep her awake or doing something with Nicolas. She was pulling funny faces so Adam took a picture of her.
The only thing that I found slightly worrying about Adison is she only poohs every 4-5 days. The doctor and everyone else has told me that's normal and she doesn't seem to mind. She farts and burps like an old man. I've never known such a cute baby smell so bad and fart so loudly.

It's hard to tell who she is going to look like. She definately has Adam's mouth, which makes her look a lot like Kirsten, but I see more of Mom in her than anyone else and occasionally my brother Will. For all the South African's out there - she always has her thumb between her index and middle finger (as you can see above), so I think she must get that from Mom!! I don't see much of Nicolas in her, but then Jaden and Kirsten don't look alike.

I've not got a photo of her smiling yet but the photo below is almost a smile. I love it when she smiles and squeaks at me, I feel like all the love and care I give her is being acknowledged.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post. The many faces of Adison are so adorable. I also loved the angel picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, you daughter is beautiful! Your blog is lovely and highly entertaining! Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa McCurdy

    ReplyDelete