Thursday, August 28, 2008

August Birthdays and Births

It was a month of birthdays and births in August. We celebrated the kid's cousin Bowen's 1st birthday on August 17th.

He was so excited by his candle and everyone singing for him. He is just so cute with Nicolas and tries to kiss him all the time.
Then on August 23rd it was Kirsten's 7th birthday. I can't believe she was only a bit older than Nicolas is now when I first met Adam, time really does fly when you're having fun!!


I was so excited because we bought her a My Little Pony Castle because she loves her ponies but has no 'home' for them. Nicolas loves it too because you press a button and the 2nd and 3rd level pop up.
We just did a low key party for her because we thought it was going to rain and also because I was really tired (poor excuse I know). We had all the family over and the neigbors and she had a great time and got lots of wonderful presents.
Before the left Mom and Dad had bought her a spinning thing that you drop paint into, and that was definately one of her favorite presents.
I love Kirsten's birthdays because I get to buy her all kinds of cute things like Littlest Pet Shop and Pony in My Pocket. She loves new arts and craft stuff too.
The kids all played outside and then we opened presents.




And then it was time for ice cream cake. I got the year off making Jaden and Kirsten's cakes thanks to Adison taking up my spare time, but I know next year they will have thought of some wild things they want me to make.


We had celebrated our friends Chuck and Rebecca's little boy Trae's birthday on August 9th because Rebecca was expecting twins and didn't think she would make it until his actual birthday on August 31st. I didn't take my camera but he had his party at an place with giant moonwalks/bouncy castles. The kids had a great time and Rebecca was right, she didn't make it to August 31st with the twins, she had Nathan and Wakefield on August 22nd. She is my new hero because she was so serene throughout the last month. She had the biggest bump I've ever seen on anyone and I don't know how she survived.
My great excitement this month was my friend Shelley had her baby, Jake James on August 15th. He was 9lbs and she had no medication!!! He looks just like her husband Jamie, and Mom says he's one of the cutest babies she's ever seen. It looks like August will soon rival March and December as our busiest birthday months.

No comments:

Post a Comment