Monday, October 20, 2008

Adison at 15 Weeks - Sleeping Through!

I had prepared myself for a difficult baby as Nicolas was so easy, but I never imagined Adison would be such a dream! I had been so tired the last few weeks even though she was sleeping pretty well, but she has slept from 11pm to 7am for the last 6 nights, and I'm feeling much better.
It will take me a few weeks to catch up I think, but I feel so much better already. Nicolas woke up a couple of times last night coughing so he slept until 8am this morning and Adison woke at 6:30am. I was lovely because I fed her in bed with me and then we just snuggled up and went back to sleep for another hour.
Because Nicolas was such a bad sleeper at night I would often bring him in bed in the morning with me and we would go back to sleep for an hour or so. I've never had that chance with Adison because Nicolas is always up and ready to go by 7am, he's not a snuggly child who will cuddle in bed.
My friend Melissa gave Adison this Halloween outfit. It's so cute and she actually really suits orange, which is odd as yellow and red do nothing for her coloring.
All the kids here have orange outfits that they wear around Halloween time, but as I'm still an American Mom in training, our kids don't have seasonal outfits unless someone gives them to me!
We went to Jaden and Kirsten's fall festival on Friday and I'd dressed Adison so she looked adorable. Unfortunately she has these screaming fits where nothing will quiet her and she had one while we were there. It's usually if something scares her and she will scream uncontrollably for about 10 minutes.


She loves to watch what is going on and loves the bumbo seat. Nicolas would just fall asleep if you left him alone but she loves to be talked to and see what's happening. She went to Nicolas' gym class facing forward in her sling, as her head control is pretty good, and she loved watching all the kids running around.
She is also a very sucky baby. I hate that she has her passifier so much but if she doesn't have that she'll suck her hand, even if she's just been fed. Mom always said I sucked everything, so maybe she gets it from me.
She is still a very serious looking baby when she's not smiling. She is much cuter in person than in her pictures because as Adam says, what makes her cute is how her expressions change.

1 comment: