The last couple of days has been fun and also very stressful. I felt amazing yesterday after 11 hours of sleep so we made a cake and cookies for xmas eve at Woody and Stephanie's and then Jaden made the reindeer cookies that Mom and Dad gave him.


We had a day of 'creative play' - my term for no TV for the kids. Kirsten never minds as she and I do all kinds of stuff together anyway, but Jaden hates it. As I told him, he won't remember the fact he watched TV all day when he's older, but he will remember a day painting, playing and baking. Luckily for him his friend Garrett came to stay the night so he has someone to play with.



Adam opened all his presents and seemed to love them, although I always feel weird because I'm basically using his money to buy his gifts!


We watched a movie last night with the kids after Nicolas and Adison went to bed and then it began - 2 hours of putting Nicolas back in bed. One of my friends told me it would only take 3 days of doing it before he stayed in bed, and I nearly said 'I doubt it', but I hoped we could break Nicolas, but no such luck. He finally went to sleep because Adam sat in the chair in his room and yelled at him everytime he tried to get out of bed.


Adison ate sweet potato and banana yesterday and was just a little angel. She is sleeping so much better now she's eating. I think she would have slept from 9pm to 7am but at 2am I heard Nicolas crying through the baby monitor. He was crawling around the house crying pathetically. Adam had put tape around the bottom of the sleeping bag he sleeps in so that his legs were scrunched up, in the hope it would stop him walking, but he still managed to crawl. He is one determined little boy! After trying to get him go back to bed for about 30 minutes Adam finally gave up and Nicolas crawled into our room and fell asleep next to the bed. To make things even more fun, my hip had started to hurt before I went to bed and by the time Nicolas woke us up I couldn't put any weight on my leg. The whole situation was so crazy that all we could do was try to laugh about it.

My hip still really hurts today but I can limp on it. Being a Mom makes you strong because with 5 kids today and xmas dinner to prepare for, there is nothing I can do, I just have to laugh and get on with it. The kids have been great and having a new kid here has stopped them fighting and they have played really well. They've done lots of pictures, including huge paintings. It's always a struggle to get Jaden to do something other than watch TV but he always enjoys it once he stops moaning.




Adison just hangs out and watches all the craziness and my new resolution is to not stress about mess and just have fun with the kids. I'm being very successful as you can see from the mess above!
No comments:
Post a Comment