Adam's youngest brother, Jon has been doing his degree online while working full time and he has finally graduated. We had a little party for him yesterday. It was great because we just provided the venue and the charcoal for the BBQ and everyone else brought the food.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Xmas Decorations and Jon's Graduation
It's our tradition that I put up all the decorations except for the oraments on the tree, which the kids do. They were very excited as usual, but now they are older they go a really good job. I remember the first year they did it, Jaden was 4 and Kirsten 2. Lots of ornaments were broken and the ones that made it on to the tree were all clustered on 3 or4 branches!

Adison watched and Nicolas tried to help but hanging the string was a bit too much for him so he ended up just resting his ornaments on the branches.

He really enjoyed himself which is what counts and hasn't taken any ornaments off the tree, which is what I worried about.
Jaden is always very concerned that the back of the tree is taken care of too.
And he got to put the star on top this year, with help from Adam's shoulders.
Then today Kirsten and I made cookies, with assistance from Nicolas.
Kirsten spent at least an hour piping wings on the angels and then covering them with sprinkles. After all her efforts she lots interest by the time it came to the gingerbread shapes we had made so I finished them off for her.
Jaden went to play at his friend Blake's because he's a bit too old for baking and Xmas stuff now. Since I found out I was pregnant with a girl everything seemed more significant to me because I felt Adison would be the one that carries on our traditions, just as I have with my Mom and my Gran's traditions. It was only this weekend that I realised that Kirsten is the one who is desperate to help with anything we do, no matter what time of year it is, and she remembers all the things that we have done with her in the past. The thought came to me that I have all these hopes and dreams for Adison but Kirsten is the one who really cares and wants to do all the things I love, and Adison may have no interest in those things. Kirsten and I have had a wonderful weekend and I feel so happy and excited for the future and the traditions and skills I can pass on to her.
Adam's youngest brother, Jon has been doing his degree online while working full time and he has finally graduated. We had a little party for him yesterday. It was great because we just provided the venue and the charcoal for the BBQ and everyone else brought the food.
The girls relax inside with the kids while the men do the cooking.
Jon, Ben, Woody and Adam.
The food was great and as usual Tori had made and awesome cake!
I love the fact our house has just been full of people for the last few weeks, that is what Xmas should be all about. Nicolas is so in love with Papa now that whenever we see someone with a beard or a while truck he shouts Papa!
Adam's youngest brother, Jon has been doing his degree online while working full time and he has finally graduated. We had a little party for him yesterday. It was great because we just provided the venue and the charcoal for the BBQ and everyone else brought the food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment