Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mom and Dad's First Few Days

Mom and Dad arrived the day after Memorial Day and I was so excited!! I took photos of Mom and Dad in the car with us so Nicolas would know who they were, and as we had been talking about Granny and Grandpa coming to stay for the last week, he was shy but happy when they got in the truck. By the time we got home it was like they had never been away from him. Even Adison was please to see them!

Woody, Stephanie, Sam and the kids came round on Wednesday for dinner and to drop of Woody's SUV. My truck only seats 6 so with Adison here now and the kids with us all the time, we needed a vehicle that would seat 7 so that we could all go places together during the day.

In the end we have only used it to go to swim team each day and occasionally for shopping trips, but knowing that we can all go out if we want to is great. We are just so grateful to Woody!!

The kids loved seeing Ike and Lilli.
Thursday night was a practice swim meet for the kids and I was trained how to time the races, which was stressful at first, but then I got used to it. Friday was the night I'd been looking forward to for months now - Adam and I left the kids overnight for the first time EVER!! We put them to bed and then went to our favorite restaurant and then had a night in a hotel. Knowing that Mom and Dad were looking after the kids, and that we would be back in the morning, meant that we just relaxed, got drunk and had a wonderful night.
When I met Adam everyone used to laugh at me for how much I loved him, but with every year that goes by and the more things we experience together, the more I love him. He truly is my other half and my soul mate all rolled into one. When I read Twilight I was so happy because Bella loves Edward the same way I love Adam!
Unfortunately our tolerance for alcohol is not what it was when we first met and after sharing a bottle of wine and having a cocktail each, we were both very drunk, but very happy! It felt like our first date again.
This is the face of the man who is about to eat the best dip of his life!!

By the time we got home on Saturday morning I was ready to see my babies again. We had our first trip to Longhorn on Saturday night and as usual it was great. Adam sometimes wonders if Mom and Dad just come to visit so they can go to Longhorn!

Nicolas was happy to be eating out too!!
The next few days passed in a blur of swim practice, a bit of yard work, preparation for Adison's party and relaxing by the pool. Luckily the first week wasn't too hot so Mom and Dad weren't too unhappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment