Monday, November 9, 2009

Last Weekend

Last weekend was lovely and relaxed. I took the kids to Bass Pro shop on Friday as Nicolas loves to see the animals and the fish. Adam met us for lunch which was wonderful as we haven't eaten out in months.

Then on Saturday we went to the kids soccer games and in between we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. It was so good! It was great to have a weekend to treat ourselves after sticking to our budget so strictly and I loved having time off from cooking!

The kids were so cute after Kirsten's game we had a relaxing afternoon.
I love having the kids living with us but I really look forward to my time with Adam and my babies to recharge my batteries and take a little break.
Adison loves little chairs, especially ones that rock. I think I'll get her one for her birthday so we can rock together on the porch in summer.
Saturday night was Halloween and it was the first time since I met Adam that we haven't been trick or treating with Jaden and Kirsten, they went with their little 3 year old cousin. Adam had a gig and our wonderful friend Julie came and babysat for a couple of hours so that I could go with Adam for a bit. Adam was disappointed that I didn't dress up, but as he put a white dustbin bag on and went as 'white trash', I didn't feel I was letting us down!!
His friend Zac and his fiance made the most effort!!
Adam had a great night and I was pleased to be there to start with.
The weather has been wonderful for the last few weeks so we have been outside lots. Adison is now an expert climber, but I still stand behind her just incase she lets go.
Nicolas is going through a horrible stage. He is mean to Adison whenever she has something he wants or if she gets more attention than him, but sometimes he can be so cute with her. Everyone loves Adison so much. The kids try to wake her before they go to school so they can hug her, and the first thing they ask when they get home is 'is she awake' or 'can we wake her up'. This morning Nicolas was also feeling sweet towards her. He will sometimes go in the crib with her in the morning and hug her and today he put his arm around her and walked her into the kitchen saying 'come on baby'. It was very sweet.
Kirsten dressed Adison up last week and put one of her doll's sweaters on Adison's head. It looked adorable because it looked like she had little pink ears.
On Friday Adam went out for James' bachelor night and so Tori came and stayed with us. The kids were so excited to have a sleepover with Auntie Tori. We watched Bolt and eat popcorn and had a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment