Monday, November 9, 2009
Our First Trip in the New Camper!!!
After the kids soccer matches on Saturday we set off to Lake Lanier to camp for the night. I hadn't stressed out too much over what to take as it was only one night and we were just using it as a trial run.
Leo was very excited to be going with us.
We had been to this campsite before when I was just pregnant with Nicolas but we had been in a tent and the sites aren't as good. Our site was perfect! I keep telling the kids to marry someone who can do all the things they can't, and that is certainly true of Adam. He made towing and parking a 30 foot camper seem like the easiest thing in the world. He backed into the campsite, which had about 2 foot either side of the camper, on his first attempt which just blows my mind as I can't get my head around steering the opposite way to how you want the trailer to go! When we were little Mom would always tell us that she 'chose so well' when she married Dad, and I now know exactly what she means, I chose the most awesome husband!!
Adam and I dream of having a house by a lake one day but now we can have our 'house' any where we want. The kids were so excited to be camping in style and so close to the water.
Leo was just glad he wasn't left at home and there were plenty of other dogs to bark and growl at.
The kids played while we got set up.
Unfortunately we hadn't had a trial run with the stove or oven so we never managed to light the oven, but we got the stove lit and used the micowave and Stephanie, Ike and Lilli came for burgers with us later on.
The sun set was beautiful and in spite of there being people camped all around us it was so quiet and peaceful.

The kids had a great time with Ike and Lilli and they got to toast marshmallows, which is the only thing they care about when we camp.
Nicolas kept digging in the ash from an old fire and throwing dirt which was very annoying, but overall all the kids were great.
Adison fell asleep about 7pm on our bed and then Nicolas went to sleep about 8pm on the couch.
We went to bed about 9:30pm with Jaden and Kirsten and moved Adison to the pack and play infront of the door, in case Nicolas tried to escape in the night! I made the mistake of thinking we would get a better nights sleep than when we camp in the tent, but of course Nicolas woke up at some point in the night and wouldn't go back to sleep. Adison woke up then and so they both had to come in bed with us. I HATE sleeping with my kids as I don't sleep properly and the camper bed is small anyway so I had a horrible, broken night's sleep.
Once we had bacon sandwiches and lots of caffine inside us, Adam and I were good to go and make the most of a beautiful Sunday.
Adam fished with the kids and I read for a bit and then Stephanie and the kids came back and played until lunch time.



Adam is so cute with the kids and so patient. He's such a good father that I wish he had more time to spend with the kids, but work is what pays for weekends like this, so I can't complain.

I even had a go at fishing which I find very boring! If I got a bite each time I might like it a bit more, but I'm happy to read while Adam fishes.
Adison just toddled about and explored. As usual she was no trouble and just a pleasure to be around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment