Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Last weekend was pretty busy which is why I've only got to blogging now. I spent the week getting ready for Jaden and Kirsten coming and finishing all the things I needed to get done and cooking for my shower. I had my baby shower on Saturday which was wonderful. I don't have any pictures yet as my friend Caroline took them all, but I'll post them when I get them. Pumpkin got so many clothes and I just felt overwhelmed by everyone's generosity.
I spent Sunday washing her new clothes and sorting out Nicolas' room to make space for her stuff and also getting everything ready incase she comes at 36 weeks.
Then on Monday it was Memorial Day and it's turned in to a tradition that all the Woodall extended family come to us, as it's usually the first time it's warm enough to swim. We had a really great time and it was so good to have Jon and Tori here. I'm so glad they moved here.
Jon and Ben by the pool.
Woody and Stephanie brought some amazing ribs and chicken and everyone else brought sides or dessert, so I had virtually nothing to do as the house was still clean from the shower on Saturday. It makes Adam and me so happy that we get to have things like this at our house because when we bought the house we always wanted to have lots for people around.
I've bought a little paddling pool for Nicolas and any babies who come to play as sometimes it's just too cold for me to get in the pool, but Nicolas always wants to get wet. He's in the pool with his littlest cousin Bowen.
Adam and Woody were in charge to cooking/heating the food so I got to relax after all the cooking I did for the shower. Poor Adam was very hot cooking in 30+ degree heat!
Clockwise from the left: Erin, Stephanie, James, Ben, Jame's girlfriend Megan, Jon and Tori
Clockwise from the left: Megan, Jon, Tori, Erin, Stephanie, James, Jack and Ben
Woody and Bowen relax once the cooking is done
Woody's sister Kay and Adam's cousins came too with Adam's great Aunt Genie. Josh, Woody, Kay, Caitlyn and Aunt Genie.
Adam's other cousin Laura Beth, Stephanie, Ben and Bowen. Adam's oldest cousin Ashley is away at university, so she couldn't make it. It was a great day spending time with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment