This is infront of the top shed. To the right of the photo is jasmin, but the Cote Bank wild rose is going crazy so I'm going to move the jasmin to a tub on the deck (if my hips hold out today!) and train it around our bedroom door. I also need to move the stones edging the bed forward now the roses are growing so I don't mow over the rose branches. In the middle is what I think you said was the American pillar rose. It's doing well but not blooming yet, the Cote Bank rose has about 10 flowers. There are also a couple of lilies in with the coral bells and varigated grass and honeysuckle.

The huge "triffids" are lilies and the pink is the knockout rose. The winter flowering jasmin is going crazy on the end. Basically this bed is fine, apart from the jasmin and moving the stones forward.

The azaleas love it in front of the kitchen window so I need Dad to dig me a hole (through the gravel-sorry!) on the left of the picture, right in front of the window. I planted some irises there, but I have an azalea which would be much better and still provide access and shade for Leo in summer. Everything else is doing great, including the butterfly bush, at the back on the right, but depending on how big it gets, I may plant some more things under it as there are lots of weeds and exposed soil. The lace hydrangea loves it infront of the BBQ and there is a gardenia at the corner of the BBQ.

This shot shows how the grass is growing, but is still patchy. I'm very happy with it as it's a dream to mow now and we can just keep reseeding it in Autumn. I may need to move the wood forward as the plants expand, but mainly I just need another sunny bed (probably in front of the bottom shed) to move some of the plants to. At least I know what does really well now.
This bit in particular needs thinning out as I have all kinds of things growing on top of each other.
The yarrow and verbena are great and I will definately divide/buy more next year. This is also a great spot for my lilies. I cut the ones in the photo at the end of the blog from here.
The tall stuff on the left is beebalm. The label calls it Monarda "Jacob Kline" if that helps you know what it is, and it's just too tall for the bed. Also on the right is the sage thing that doesn't seem to do much. If it doesn't flower I'll move it to a tall bed as filler and fill this bed with shorter plants. The irises and ice plant love it here and are doing great.
This is more beebalm and daisies. Again it needs moving and replacing with something shorter. The lilies love it here and I'm hoping the lily in the photo lasts until Saturday to be the center piece for my shower. The little plant bottom left is a heather like flower with varigated leaves which adds a bit of interest in a green bed.
This section is doing great with hostas, coral bells, azaleas and hydrangeas. It all just needs thinning out when we make a new bed under the bottom tree - sorry Dad, more digging!!
These were the lilies from the garden with some yarrow mixed in. I definately want to plant more lilies for next year. I've made a plan for what I think would work in each new bed we make, but when you come we may only be able to do some prep work as it will be too hot to move plants. You can give me your input ready for Autumn planting.

No comments:
Post a Comment