Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Shower Pictures

I had my shower for Pumpkin on May 24th and my friend Caroline hosted it and took the pictures. I got the photos today so I thought I'd post them.
Caroline is due the day after me so we decided to compare bumps.

I'd cooked a lot of the food using recipies from one of my Mom's groups. I'd never cooked a lot of the dishes before but everyone loved the food. I used 3 dozen eggs in the process so it was not a low fat menu!!
I did the same cake I'd done for Nicolas' shower, but I don't have any photos of that cake. The cake is a white bear holding cookies that spell Pumpkin, and for Nicolas' shower they spelt Snuppy, which is what he was known as. Stephanie made amazing truffles and Tori made iced brownies, which were so yummy!
Me with Elizabeth, Melissa, Andrea and Shannon.
Me with Erin and Rebecca, who is expecting twins in September.
My two sister in laws Tori and Erin with Bowen, the littlest Woodall, until Pumpkin arrives.
Stephanie with Rachel and baby Haley and Erin and Bowen in the background.
Adam had spent the morning decorating the gazebo, but in the end it was a bit too hot to sit outside and open my gifts, so we all squashed in to the living room. I was overwhelmed by how generous everyone was and Pumpkin has an amazing wardrobe now. It has been fun knowing we are having a girl, but I'm also glad we didn't find out with Nicolas.
Caroline organized a game where you had to pick as many baby safety pins out of a bowl of rice as you could in 30 seconds. It was much harder than it sounds. Then everyone used a streamer to try to guess how big my tummy was around and the winners of both games got prizes. It was a lot of fun.
Kirsten was my helper and passed all the presents to me while Tori wrote down what I got. I got so many really cute clothes. Girls are definately more fun to shop for than boys.
Caroline's little girl, Emerson.

No comments:

Post a Comment