Sunday, December 28, 2008

Nicolas' 2nd Birthday Party

Nicolas will turn 2 on December 30th but we decided to get all the craziness of xmas and parties over with and having xmas week.  As I type this I'm ready to fall in a heap I'm so tired, but it was a wonderful afternoon and Nicolas had a great time.  I'm not sure he fully understood what was happening though.

His birthday was a construction themed one so I made his cake look like a construction site.
It was actually one of the easiest cakes I've done.

Kirsten got Adison ready for the party with her sunglasses!
My friends from MOPS Kelly and Courtney with Kelly's husband David and Courtney's little girl Madison.
Adam's friend Jason's cute little boy Eli.
My friend Tiffany with her daughter Emily and Stephanie and Adison.  Adison cried most of the time as she really hates big crowds and there have been a lot of big events this week!
Everyone snacking and chatting
Rebecca and Erin and Rebecca's twins Nate and Wake.
Nicolas looking angelic when really he's a demon child going through his terrible twos.
I was overwhelmed by all the wonderful presents Nicolas received.



It was so cute to watch Nicolas as we sang for him.  Everyone gathered around the counter and he was so happy when he realized we were all singing for him.

When he tried to blow out his candle he kept sucking in not blowing, so I had to blow it out for him.
The cake tasted really good and all the kids enjoyed it.  Having a winter birthday is hard as we all have to squash in the house, but everyone gets on well so it's not too bad.  I definately prefer summer birthdays when we can get together around the pool.
Adison looking serious.
Nicolas was made to dance for his cake
Sam, Russell and the kids stayed on after the party and Russell cooked for us.  It was great to just relax and catch up as we haven't seen them for ages.
I had today to relax and clean up and then tomorrow my Australian cousin Andrew and two of his friends arrive for the night on their way to Miami.  I'm so excited to see him but the last time he saw me I was 30lbs lighter, had no children and hadn't had a month like we've just had.  If Adison sleeps through tonight I'll feel like a different woman in the morning, even if I still look rough!!

1 comment: