Nicolas decided that after a week of sleeping through, he would go back to waking at 3-4am. He is sleeping a bit later, to about 7:30 or 8am. The kids are up at 7am so that doesn’t really help me. I did get to sleep until 8:30am on Thursday and Saturday, which actually made me feel exhausted as I’m so unused to it. I’m giving him his bottle closer to 8pm now in case he’s waking because he’s hungry. He did make it to 5:30am this morning, but then wouldn’t go back to sleep until 6:30am, by which time I was wide awake.
Other than the erratic sleeping he is so much fun. He loves floating in the pool and is now kicking a lot in the bath, as he's used to splashing in the pool. He isn't crawling, but he can certainly get around on his stomach. When I go in to him in the morning he is always at the bottom of his crib/cot looking out at me, and when he's in the living room, his favorite thing is to wiggle under the curtains so he can pull on them and chew them!
His hair is finally starting to grow a bit more. It's still very blonde and just so soft. I'm amazed that Adam and I produced a blue eyed blonde child, but I doubt he will stay blonde. Jaden is getting darker as he gets older, but I think Nicolas' eyes will stay blue. His stitches all fell out this week so he's looking great. I massage his scar every night for at least 15 minutes and it does seem to be getting softer, which is the goal. He gets more and more like Adam everyday, but because of the scar tissue, he has a pouty top lip whereas Adam has a pouty bottom lip.
I really want to be pregnant at the moment. Nicolas is so easy to look after that it seems a good time. I know because I'm still nursing Nicolas that it won't happen for a while, but I wish it would!
No comments:
Post a Comment