Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Summer Vacation - Week 3

Monday
We went on a 5 mile bike ride to catch tadpoles. Nicolas went in his car seat in the trailer behind my bike. I felt really bad because I put the net cover over the trailer but didn’t realize that little bits of dirt from my tyre could get through, so poor Nicolas was covered in dust by the time we found some pools with tadpoles in them. Also it was only when we set off that I discovered my bike was stuck in 7th gear, so I nearly had a heart attack trying to cycle up the hills with no low gears and pulling the trailer, but at least I got a good workout! The kids had a great time and spent all afternoon messing with the tadpoles in the fish tank.

Tuesday
The kids loved the trip to get tadpoles so much that they wanted to go back on Tuesday. I felt so bad leaving Leo again that I decided to take him to. He was really good and just ran along side the bike until he saw a chipmunk and tried to run after it, jerking my handlebars to the right. The bike went to the left and I hit the ground! Luckily I only grazed my knee as I wasn’t going fast, and so I could see the funny side and the kids thought it was great. Leo was obviously shocked by the chaos he caused and was an angel for the rest of the ride and loved swimming in the river. I used Adam’s bike so I actually had gears, which made the ride much easier.

Wednesday
My friends Caroline and Tiffany came round on Wednesday to swim. Tiffany has a baby girl and Hailey is 3. I’m trying hard to find friends for Kirsten and she and Hailey get on well. The kids went to gymnastics in the evening and both did really well. Kirsten is the youngest in the class and she tries so hard.

Thursday
Caroline and I took the kids to a new water park. We had such a great afternoon but we both got burnt. I’m paranoid about putting sunscreen on the kids as they are both as pale as Adam, but I never think to it on me. Luckily I’ve gone brown now and my strap marks are fading. The babies loved the water and the kids were exhausted, so it was a good day all round!

Friday
We went to the lake with Woody and Stephanie and Ben, Erin and the kids to celebrate Father’s Day as Woody had to work on Sunday. We always have so much fun and the kids just adore Woody and Stephanie. They took them out tubing behind the boat and now they can both swim they love jumping in off the dock. Leo also got to swim in the lake which the kids had been waiting for all week. He looks so funny when he swims, but he loved running up and down exploring the bank
Saturday
It was Leo’s first birthday, but I forgot until the afternoon when we were about to go out. The kids were very upset that Leo did not have a cake or something to mark the occasion, but I tried to point out that he is actually a dog, even though we treat him like another child!

We went to a party on a lake with one of Adam’s friends in the afternoon and the kids got to swim and have so much fun, then we went to their cousin Luke’s birthday at the roller skating rink. I enjoy skating but I’m really bad, but Adam is amazing and I love watching him. He makes it look so effortless! Kirsten tried so hard and is definitely getting better at skating, I just need to practice with her when we go to the park.

Sunday
After such a busy week we just hung out at home and relaxed by the pool. I try to let the kids spend as much time as possible with Adam at weekends because they see so little of him during the week. Adam went riding the four wheeler in our neighbor’s yard with the kids, and I just got to relax by the pool with Nicolas.

No comments:

Post a Comment