Sunday, June 10, 2007

Summer Vacation - Week 2

On Monday we went running at the park in the morning and then to Jaden’s swimming lesson and then Stephanie came round in the afternoon. We just relaxed by the pool, and then because Adam had to work late, Stephanie helped put the kids to bed and read them their bedtime story, which was a real treat for the kids. Nicolas loves lying on their beds and listening to bedtime stories, so we’ve made it part of his bedtime routine. On Tuesday we went to the park again and then Jaden had fun at his swimming lesson because they got to practice CPR and were tipped out of a blow up boat to practice rescue technique. The kids were tired so we went to the library afterwards, which was a good decision as there was a huge thunder storm, so we spent the afternoon reading. Jaden is great at reading and Kirsten it getting so much better at her letters. She prefers to practice Math than her letters, which I find interesting.
On Wednesday we skipped the park because Jaden was so tired for gymnastics last week with swimming and going to the park. He was assessed in his swimming lesson and did so well he gets to move to the next class. One of the Mom’s who was watching the lesson said he was definitely good enough to swim on a swim team. He just loves being in the water, so we will sign him up next summer.

Thursday was Jaden’s last swimming lesson and they got to play and enjoy themselves. Afterwards we went to my friend Tiffany’s. She has a baby girl and a little girl who is 3. I’m trying to hard to arrange ‘playdates’ for Kirsten with Mom’s who have girls, because we just don’t know any little girls, apart from Lilli. Kirsten loved it because Hailey had so many dress up clothes. Luckily our neighbours have a little girl, so Kirsten gets to play with her quite a lot.

On Friday we went to the park in the morning and then to their friend Mason’s birthday in the afternoon. The kids had a great time and I got to see all of Erin’s family, who I love.

I’ve hardly seen Adam this week as he’s been working so late, so on Saturday we just relaxed by the pool and played with the kids. Nicolas loves the pool now it’s warm and Kirsten spends ages floating him around in his little ring. Jaden was in heaven because Adam put Leo in the pool twice. He looks so funny when he swims, so serious!

The funniest times are unplanned and after being in the pool all afternoon (and a couple of pina coladas!) I was watching Jordan and Peter Andre get married (aka Katie and Peter on E!). The kids loved the show so I decided to put on my wedding dress and reinact our wedding. I now have more in common than I thought with Jordan as my dress had no chance of closing over my enormous chest!! Luckily it fitted me everywhere else which made me feel better. Nicolas tried to eat my veil and the dog tried to lie on my train, but other than that the kids thought the experience was very funny. I had forgotten how much I love my dress and Kirsten adores it too. I wish I could wear my tiara all the time.

It now Sunday and Nicolas took ages to go back to sleep, so I thought I’d get up while everyone else is asleep and do my blog and some emails before church. We haven’t got much planned for today other than spending time with Adam and going to play at the river with the kids and the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment