Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More of Nicolas at 91/2 Months

Nicolas used to lie on the bath mat and wait for his massage while I ran his bath, but now he loves to look over the side and watch his bath fill up. He bangs his toys on the side of the bath and then drops them in to watch them float around. It's getting harder to keep him still for is massage so I may stop doing that soon.


He loves playing with the shower curtain too and when he's in the bath he'll bend right over and drink the water! It goes up his nose, but he doesn't seem to care.



He also likes to come in the bathroom when I'm getting ready and it only took a couple of "no"s before he realized that he can't pull himself up on the loo (yuk!) or on the trash can. He is really easy to train not to do things, but I'm sure all of that will change.
Nicolas is obsessed with gadgets. He doesn't care if it's the remote control, a phone or a camera. He holds them, looks at them really hard and then of course chews them! He also loves the little white dog my friend gave me years ago because it barks and walks. I think he thinks it's his own little dog. It's certainly less annoying than Leo. Vacuuming used to take me about 10 minutes a day but now it takes at least 20 mins because both Nicolas and Leo sit on the cord, try to chew it or manage to pull the cord out of the wall. If it wasn't so funny it would drive me crazy.
Nicolas has his top left tooth coming through and it doesn't see to be bothering him too much. The bottom two are properly through. He had a check up with his plastic surgeon today who said he looks great and he won't need to see him for another year. He also said that as Nicolas is quite big he will probably have his next surgery when he's 3 or 4. The great thing is I can stop doing the massage on his lip that I've done every night for the last 5 months!! I feel free at last!

Nicolas is learning all his farm animals with his Fisher Price farm. I got almost all of it on Ebay for less than $40 so I felt I'd done well. There are also loads of other zoo animals but I'm not introducing him to those yet. He is finally starting to be interested in books again, especially ones with flaps to lift up. I was worried he'd have no concentration span as he couldn't sit still, but hopefully he'll get better once I can read to him more.


1 comment:

  1. wow that farm is so cool! jase would have all that stuff knocked over in a flash. it's good that he is liking books again. now you can read to him at night instead of the massage. which by the way is amazing that you did it every single night for so long! because of you he will heal so nicely.

    ReplyDelete