Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nicolas at 91/2 Months

It seems ages since I wrote about Nicolas last. I honestly can't descibe how much I love him and how much he makes me laugh. Every day with him is fun. I turned off the baby monitor when I came back from England and now he sleeps from 7 or 8pm until about 6am. I feel like a new woman with a full night's sleep! He still takes a 2 hour lunch time nap anywhere between 12pm and 2pm, and depending on what time he gets up, he may have a 1/2 hour morning nap too. This is the face that greets me after he wakes up from his nap.
Nicolas pulls up on everything and cruises from one piece of furniture to the next. He pulled up on one of the kitchen stools and pulled it over on himself. He got a cut on his eye lid and a little bruise, but was OK otherwise. He crawls really fast now but he really slaps his left hand down when he crawls. Adam calls him his little 'stickybot' after a robot he saw on the Discovery Channel that crawled just like Nicolas. If you say his name when he's crawling, he has to stop and sit down to look at you.

He hasn't had a passifier since we came back from England, but he loves chewing on one of Jaden's toy arrows. He will walk around for hours with it in his mouth and he can find it where ever you hide it!
Nicolas has not learned the difference between his toys and Leo's toys. If Leo has something, Nicolas wants it and if Nicolas has something, Leo wants it. Leo is so gentle if Nicolas tries to take something he is chewing on. The most disgusting things was when I gave Leo an old sausage from the fridge and the next minute Nicolas had it in his mouth and was chewing on it!! I'm a lot more careful now when I give the dog treats!
Nicolas has full run of the house to explore, but most of the time the kids doors are closed so Leo doesn't sneak in and take their toys. If the doors are open Nicolas' favorite thing is to go and play with their toys. They have both been so good about keeping little toys off the floor and keeping their rooms tidy so there is nothing for Nicolas to choke on. He will spend ages standing by their toy boxes pulling things out. It makes him look so grown up.


1 comment:

  1. he is getting so big!! and so handsome too. i wish him and jase could get together and play everyday. now that would be a sight!

    ReplyDelete