Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And So It Begins........

As of today, for I don't know how long, I'm a full time Mom for four. Lisa hasn't been able to move up here yet to be with the kids, but she and Adam enrolled them in his old elementary school this morning and they start tomorrow. They are so excited about riding the bus with their friends from the neighborhood and going to Daddy's old school.

We went and bought them school supplies and I'm about to go on line and find reading lists, see if I can get any info about their teachers and generally give myself a crash course in how to parent a 2nd grader and 4th grader!

Adam laughs at me for how seriously I take all this stuff, but it's all so new, and slightly scarey for me. We were dropped off at the school gate by my Mom and picked up at the end of the day, and that was it. When we were older we cycled the 2 miles to the school. Now I have to learn about school buses and car pools, when I have to take things in to school, when I can go for lunch and try very hard not to volunteer for everything available!! God allowed me to clear my schedule, I thought it was so I could relax and hang out at home with Nicolas and Adison, but apparently he had another plan for me!

I'm very excited about learning something new and creating a new structure and routine for the kids so they can thrive in their new school and not be overwhelmed by the changes in their lives. I love having them with me and Nicolas and Leo are in heaven. I know there will be challenges, but I'm going to embrace them, and with Adam as my tower of strength life will be fun and VERY busy!!

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome Mom Alison! Your positive outlook on it all is so refreshing. It takes a special person to take on as much as you have. Good luck with the new school. I'm sure they'll adjust quickly. Talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!! If anyone can do it, you can!!!!

    ReplyDelete