Friday, February 20, 2009

My Child will never........

I was one of those Mom's who said "My child will never.... "

...climb on furniture


....climb out of his crib

....go in all my cabinets and pull stuff out


.....wine constantly

......throw himself to the ground and sob

.....press buttons on TVs, videos and anything else he can get his hands on

.......and most importantly he will NEVER draw on my walls!!!!

They say pride goes before a fall and I pride myself on never letting Nicolas out of my sight for more than a couple of minutes because he will do all of the above and any other annoying thing he can think of. But on Wednesday Kirsten was drawing and I was checking Jaden's homework and I suddenly realised I couldn't see or hear Nicolas, and most worryingly his bedroom door was closed. I opened it to find "Pickles Picasso" decorating his wall with a selection of Kirsten's markers!! We have no pens anywhere in the house where he can get to them, but Kirsten loves to draw and color and is very good about putting all the markers back in the box out of reach of Nicolas when she's done, but still he managed to get some and create his artwork!

Nicolas is definately teaching me to accept that kids do things they shouldn't, even if you watch them like a hawk. Any suggestions as to how I get pen off a wall? I'm going to try a magic eraser.

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me smile because Harrison did the same thing at this age. I never painted over it (he used a light colored crayon in a spot that isn't in view) and smile when I see his little scribbles. It reminds me of how little he was because it's so low to the ground. I bet you'll smile about it one day too.

    ReplyDelete