Luckily I woke up feeling fine, but tired on Sunday and managed to cook meals for two friends who have had babies and enough shepherds pie for a big family meal on Monday. I've been on facebook for ages now and don't really do anything with it, but within a week of Adam creating a facebook page he's found all his old friends and his first girlfriend Stacy. I've always wanted him to find her as I just felt that we'd get on, and we do!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
The Last Few Weeks
The last few weeks have been so much more relaxed than usual as I've given up all but my church ministry. Unfortunately as soon as I relaxed we all seem to get sick. Adam and I have both had colds and then last weekend Nicolas threw up on Friday and then by Saturday I had a fever of 103! I've not had a high fever since I hosted Erin's baby shower when she was pregnant with Bowen and he's 1 1/2 now.
Luckily I woke up feeling fine, but tired on Sunday and managed to cook meals for two friends who have had babies and enough shepherds pie for a big family meal on Monday. I've been on facebook for ages now and don't really do anything with it, but within a week of Adam creating a facebook page he's found all his old friends and his first girlfriend Stacy. I've always wanted him to find her as I just felt that we'd get on, and we do!
She is married with two kids and her husband has just been moved to Miami, so we managed to get together on Monday for dinner before she moved down there to join him. Her kids are just the cutest things! Finn is 18 months and all he wanted to do was kiss Adison and Ava just took Nicolas off to play in Kirsten's room within minutes of arriving.
James and Ben couldn't make it to see Stacy, but everyone else came and it was a great night. I still felt a bit spacy from being ill over the weekend, but we had a really great time. Several of my friends had asked if I felt weird about having Adam's ex to dinner, but I didn't, partly because Stacy is so much fun and really easy to get on with, but mainly because she obviously loved Adam very much and so do I, which gave us an instant bond. I think it's hard to get on with an ex when there is divorce involved because they usually hate the person that you love, so you tend to have a lack of understanding of them.
I don't have a picture of the kids that does their cuteness justice, but they were just adorable!
Finn could be a potential candidate for Adison's future husband, he was just so sweet with her.
Stacy looked just like all the photos we have of her, except her hair is shorter.
Other than Stacy's visit we did nothing last week, except visit Yvette. It was such a good feeling to wake up every morning and not have to be somewhere at a certain time. I didn't go to the gym either because I wanted to get totally better, and also I'm so stuffy and sinusy that the gym would have been miserable.
I got to sit in bed with the kids in the morning which was something we never do, but I have such good memories of sitting in bed in the morning with Mom and Dad when I was little. Adison always sucks her toes if she can, so Nicolas showed her he could too, as you can see from her face, she wasn't happy!
I was such a good Mom when I weaned Nicolas and made him all kinds of food, but I've not been as good with Adison. She tends to eat the same things over and over again. She did get to eat shepherd pie for the first time. She definately prefers fish to red meat and I'm trying her with chicken tonight.
The weather has been great this week, so we've spent the afternoons outside planning the major projects I need to do in the yard. I didn't have the energy to do anything, but Nicolas just loves being outside.
Adison doesn't care where she is as long as someone is holding her or talking to her.
Mom, this was the purple dress from Next that I thought you bought for her, but maybe it was Lianne - you both have the same good taste in Next clothes!!

Leo has barely been walked recently, but he doesn't seem to mind. He and Nicolas are still best friends.
When I see Nicolas wrestle toys out of Leo's mouth I sometimes wonder if he has a future as a lion tamer, or maybe as the next 'Sigfried and Roy'!
Adison just watches them, takes it all in and probably dreads the day she will have to drag her favorite toy out of the dog's mouth!
Nicolas went for a haircut on Thursday and the wall of the hairdresser's was lined with beautiful hair bows. They were all really expensive and I've given up on Adison growing any hair so I decided I needed to learn another skill - making hair bows. I went to my favorite store in the whole world - Joann, and bought the stuff to make head bands, as she doesn't have enough hair to put a bow in.
Adam laughed when he saw her headband as this one does look a bit like she has a garter on her head, but the sequined one is better, although it looks a bit like an 80's sweat band!
I thought I should get her used to having something on her head while she lacks the coordination to pull it off. I found the most amazing website http://www.girlythingsbows.com/ and it has all the instructions for making fantastic hair bows. I bought all the things I needed - about $10 of stuff and then got some ribbon on sale to practice with, and now Adison and Kirsten are the proud owners of Valentine's bows. Everyone has loved them, and as she gets bigger I can make her bigger and better bows. Adam is worried that I'll be as obsessed with buying ribbon as I am with buying material, but it works out so much cheaper in the end to make all the stuff.
Adison is great at sitting up. She doesn't often fall sideways but will fall forward as she tries to reach for toys.
She loved sitting outside and looked so cute in the little jacket George and Jenny sent her with some little Ugg boots a friend at church gave me. She's usually in dresses, so it was cute to put her in jeans.
On Thursday afternoon we went for a walk up to the cul-de-sac and Jaden's friend Blake played basketball with Nicolas. He was really sweet with Nicolas and Nicolas loved it.
Our exciting news is that Jaden and Kirsten's Mom is coming to live a mile away from us, so until she gets settled they are going to be with us most of the time. Adam is really happy and the kids are excited and once Lisa gets a job they will come to us after school. It will be an adjustment, but the schools are better here and the kids want Adam and their Mom to be close together and now we can get more involved in their lives during the week.
Luckily I woke up feeling fine, but tired on Sunday and managed to cook meals for two friends who have had babies and enough shepherds pie for a big family meal on Monday. I've been on facebook for ages now and don't really do anything with it, but within a week of Adam creating a facebook page he's found all his old friends and his first girlfriend Stacy. I've always wanted him to find her as I just felt that we'd get on, and we do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The hair bows are adorable. I really want to see a picture of the sequined one that looks like an 80's sweat band! That made me laugh.
ReplyDelete