The last couple of days have been fun as we create our new routine. Luckily because the kids already have a morning and bedtime routine we have just had to modify it to include homework. They seem to be enjoying their new school although Jaden still can't find his classroom as the school is so big, which understandably worries him. Adam filled out all the forms that they brought back on their first day so that their teachers wouldn't have to decifer my writing and they are now officially "bus riders".
As I wait for the American yellow school bus in the afternoons it makes me laugh how different my life is from how I ever imagined it would turn out, but I love it.
What I find interesting is that since Jaden and Kirsten now officially live here we have all the kids in the neighbourhood here every afternoon. Before they would come over every so often, but they have been over everyday this week, so I think Jaden and Kirsten are officially accepted, rather than just vacation visitors to the neighbourhood. I also find myself getting excited about the kids getting off the bus each day and finding out what they have been doing.
Then as extra fun this morning when I went to wake the kids I didn't find Kirsten in her bed, just mounds of sick!! Ughhhhh!! She had gone in Jaden's room and puked on his bottom bunk too. So she is in bed asleep now and my house still smells vaguely of vomit, in spite of washing everything and cleaning the carpet next to her bed. Cleaning other peoples children's vomit is 10 times worse than cleaning your own child's vomit and Adam was conveniently in the shower while I clean it up. I wanted to be the Mom who held her children when they were sick and read them stories, but I always seem to get to clean up while Adam holds them!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment