Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Trip to Tennessee

My oldest friend (in terms of years I've known her, not her age!) Yvette lives in Tennessee with her husband and kids. Although it's only a 3 1/2 hour drive we are both so busy that we don't get together enough, so now she's pregnant we went to see her. I didn't know how the kids would do on the drive, but they were great. We set off at 6am and were there by 9:45am and Adison slept most of the way.

I was pretty tired by the time I got there, not from the drive, but from talking constantly to Nicolas. I'm not used to him "chatting" with me, but I taught him so much, so it was worthwhile. I'd brought Yvette a couple of trash bags full of Adison's clothes for the baby and lots of things my friend Lisa had passed on to me. It was good to know that it will all be used and then passed on to others. We chatted and caught up on each others news, and Nehemiah played so sweetly with Nicolas. Unfortunately Nicolas was tired and not at his best, but he did OK.

I love Yvette's in laws and they live on a beautiful farm overlooking the Smokey Mountains. We went up to visit them and it made me homesick and sad that my kids won't have the kind of life that I had growing up. Nehemiah and Nicolas rode in the gator and ran about in the woods and Nicolas petted his first calf, all things that it would be very hard for him to do at home! Nicolas just loved Don and wanted to do everything that he did, like sitting on the truck bumper!

He loved Nehemiah's tractor because it's a lot faster and more exciting than his four wheeler. If I can find one cheaply I may invest in one so he can practice before we get him his first real four wheeler.


Don and Jerry also have two very sweet horses which Nicolas loved too, and Nehemiah has guns and swords which he loved even more!

Nehemiah and Nicolas are firm friends and I realized just how much I missed Yvette, especially now she's pregnant. The trip was very easy to make and now I've remembered how beautiful it is where she lives, I went home and goggled nearby campsites. There is one just down the road on a lake, so we plan on taking lots of trips up to TN. I'm very excited.

2 comments: