Saturday, March 7, 2009
Last Week
It was Sam and Russell's wedding anniversary on Tuesday so we had a girls night out to celebrate. It was good to get together without the kids and just relax.
Adam had to go on a course in the evening at the last minute so Stephanie looked after Jaden, Kirsten and Nicolas, and Adison came to the meal in her pram and just sat and played with her toys. It made me realise that to find a babysitter for four children is just about impossible, I could have cried when Stephanie, volunteered I was so grateful.
Adison was a little angel and I hardly knew she was there.
Sam continues to amaze me with her strength because I know how Russell not being with us hits me hard sometimes, but she lives with that feeling every second of the day.

Nicolas and I had a play date with my friend Elizabeth and her son Tripp. Nicolas and Tripp get on really well and it was good to catch up on all their news.
Tripp was so cute with Adison and kept touching her hair.
Our amazing neighbour KenLi started building the kids a fort in the front yard, but before we knew it, he'd built this fantastic deck for us!! It will be great for the kids to play in but he's put a bench at the front so my friends and I can sit and watch the kids swing!
Nicolas was very excited to help as he loves anything to do with power tools.
Jaden helped clean up all the wood and decided that it was great even under the fort! I don't think I can call it a fort as it just looks too good! I'm going to get some camoflage material to put inside it to make it a bit more fortlike for Jaden, but I think the front yard is almost done now. I still need to make a some more flowerbeds as Stephanie is giving me some of her roses as she doesn't get enough sun in her yard. That way she can still pick them whenever she needs and enjoy them when she comes here, but she won't have the worry of seeing them dying in the summer drought at her house!
I had a great meal with some friends on Thursday which my friends Thai Mother in law cooked for us. It tasted so good! Then on Friday my friends Katrina and Gina came round for a playdate and to try out the new 'fort' as the kids played. The weather is just gorgeous at the moment so we are outside most of the time.
Ella was born the day after Adison but she is a bit bigger. She can't roll over either which makes me feel better about Adison. To be honest I have no problem with her just sitting there, it makes life so much easier, as long as I move everything out of her way as she grabs everything!
Lisa took the kids for the weekend which was kind of sad as I'm so used to them now. Adam and I played outside with Nicolas on Friday night and then watched a movie and had an early night. I got to sleep until 11am on Saturday which was heaven and my birthday treat! Then we went to Longhorn for lunch as Adam had a gift card which paid for our meal, and then Ben came in the afternoon to paint all the furniture we got for the kids rooms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment