Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Birthday Week

My birthday week started last Friday when my amazing husband took me to see Cirque Du Soleil. We've always wanted to see them and they were even better than I'd hoped. Adam had kept it a secret until we were about a mile away but I already guessed where we were going. Then last Saturday Adam's band was playing at a bar just up the road so we got the girl next door to babysit and met up with friends and family to celebrate again!!


Then on Saturday this week I got to have a late sleep as it was my actual birthday weekend and I slept until 10am and lay snoozing until 11am!! I haven't done that since Adison was born and it felt wonderful. Then Adam took me out for lunch and then in the afternoon Ben, Erin and their kids came around so Ben could help Adam paint all the furniture we got for the kid's rooms.


Kirsten has wanted bunk beds for ages and I finally found some second hand that came with a whole lot of other funiture but as you can see it was blue and brown. It's been sitting in the shed for about 2 months waiting for the weather to be good enought to paint it.


I spent my birthday tidying and cleaning the kids rooms while Adam assembled the bunk beds. Kirsten loves her room now and Jaden seems very happy with his new dresser. I'll post some photos of Kirsten's room when I get time. I just need to organize a sleepover now so she use both beds.
Then on Monday my friend Katrina got up at 5:30am to bake a cake and prepare a picnic for me and our friends Megan and Gina, so we could celebrate our birthdays at the park. She was so dedicated that she baked 3 cakes, just to get the perfect one! The weather was great so we had a lovely lunch in the sun while the kids played.

On Tuesday I took Nicolas to the Children's Museum of Atlanta for their free afternoon. I met one of my friends there and the kids had a great time.

Nicolas stopped off at the playset at Centennial Park first and loved the slide with rollers.


He loves tractors but unfortunately for Dad they are all John Deere tractors and no Massey Fergusons!! It's so sad that he and my nephew William share the same passion for diggers and tractors but live so far away from each other. The will be the best of friends when they finally get to see each other again!!

The museum was great but the bit Nicolas liked the best was a section where they had sections of 1/2 inch conduit which fitted into holes in the floor and then you could stack blocks up over the conduit. Nicolas is obsessed with putting things in holes, so he loved it!






Adison just hung out and watched and was her usual angelic self!!




I would definately take a trip back there.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that they have free afternoons! One day we should get the kids early from school and take a fieldtrip!! Have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete