Easter was fun and I made hot cross buns with the kids, but they weren't as good as Safeway's back in England!! There are just some things you can't replicate.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Easter Sunday
Adam makes a very cute Easter Bunny! All the traditions here are so different to England, that I have to be guided by him. I miss my chocolate eggs so much as all the kids here have an easter basket which has to have toys and nasty Hershey's chocolate things in it.
Adam bought all the stuff and treated me to mini cream eggs and mini caramel eggs which were very good, but cost a fortune as they are made in England and then imported. Our neighbors Julie and Kenli had got Nicolas and Adison little rabbits, so the kids were very excited by their Easter treats. Nicolas was confused as to why it was OK to eat chocolate at 7am, and for the last three days he's told me he wants chocolate whenever I ask him what he wants for breakfast!
Even Leo tried to get in the bedroom door in the morning as he knew something was going on!
Adison got all dressed up in one of Nicole's dresses and looked adorable.
I don't have photos of the other kids as I had a melt down on Easter morning, which was not pretty! I was just over tired and frustrated that I don't get anytime to do the things that make me happy, but we sorted it out and I'm about to start doing beaded smocking on a dress for Adison, and I feel much better. I never realized that sewing and knitting kept me sane!
After church Adam set fire to the stuff in the burn barrel that Kenli got for me. It was a neigborhood event as all kids seem to love fire.
Nicolas was in heaven as Adam let him use his drill, without the drill bit though!
Sunday was beautiful after several days of rain and yukky weather so we invited Woody and Stephanie over for Easter dinner. I wanted to do an Easter egg hunt for them and Adam thought I was crazy, but the kids loved the idea.
We put some candy in the eggs, but mostly it was vouchers from the kids for things like hugs and kisses. The kids hid the eggs in the front yard and then Woody and Stephanie had to hunt for them, with lots of guidance from the kids!!
They really enjoyed it and I was glad I could show Adam it was a fun idea, not a crazy one.


Ben, Erin and the kids stopped by after they'd been to Erin's Mom's, so it made it a fun day with lots of family.
We've not had any big family get togethers for ages as I just can't face having everyone except Russell there. It's just too hard. We will have our usual Memorial Day family day as the pool will be open but I'm also too tired to plan stuff. I used to be organzied and make plans all the time, and now it's all I can do to plan things in for the next day!
Nicolas loves Papa and Teffi and now Adison does too. She happily sat with Woody and Stephanie and was her happy little self. She is definately over her screaming phase when she's away from me. Or maybe it was the fact that Papa and Teffi gave her a marshmallow rabbit in her Easter basket, which was her first candy ever!!
The big excitement was when Kirsten caught a lizard, or a green anole to be exact. The boys all wanted to hold it, but she was very protective of it.
Adam made me let her keep it in her room in a fish tank Julie gave her, but I wasn't happy about it. Every frog we've ever had has made a bid for freedom and ended up leaping around their bedrooms which freaks me out. Leo makes more than enough mess without other animals too. She did look after it very well and then released it today as it had gone 4 days without food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment