Monday, April 6, 2009

Yvette's Shower in Tennessee

I had so much fun baking a cake and making favors for Yvette's shower on Saturday. Her friend Tisha and I co-hosted it. Tisha sorted out the restaurant, a game and the prizes and I brought another game and cake.
I set off at 6am and got there just after 9am and had a great drive up there catching up with people who I hadn't spoken in ages.
Yvette's friends are wonderful and we had such a good time at the restaurant. I hadn't seen Tisha or Yvette's friend Margie for years so it was good to catch up. Rachel did enjoy herself even though she looks very bored here!
Tisha had organized a game where you had to reach into a bag and feel baby items and then write down as many as you could remember and I organized for us to guess how big Yvette's tummy was using crepe paper.
I'd done a rubber ducky cake that was suposed to stand up, but it only rose 3/4 of the way, so it had to lie down! It made it easier to transport to TN on it's side though.

Yvette's gifts were so thoughtful and Rachel loved helping to open them.


One of Yvette's friends had got Rachel and Nehemiah cowboy outfits which were just adorable and they loved them.
After the shower we went back to Yvette's and just relaxed. I love where she lives and it makes me nostalgic for the life I had back in England. I still wouldn't swap my life here for the life I'd have in England, but it does make me realize how different my life here is.



This is Yvette's view from her back yard!


We plan to go back camping at the lake just down the road in a few weeks.

Yvette looks amazing and I can't wait to meet Elizabeth Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment