Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Fling and Fun with the Neighbors

Last week was so busy with Yvette's shower, Jon and Tori's housewarming, food for MOPS and organizing Babies & Beyond's craft for Spring Fling, which is church's Easter festival for the kids. I was so glad that I've given up most of my responsibilities as my life used to be this busy all the time!

Nicolas had to keep himself busy for most of the time on Wed, Thur and Friday and he's getting much better at just playing and entertaining himself. I still have to watch him as he'll hit Adison if I leave him alone with her.
95% of the time he's a pleasure to be around and constantly suprises me with how much he knows.
Adison is just a dream but shows no sign of rolling over or pulling up. She can wiggle in a circle though.
She still loves her bath.

I love bathtime so much as Nicolas loves to be wrapped in a towel and snuggle after his bath. He's not a huggy child so it makes it very special.

I brushed his hair back and it looked so different. His hair is so fine that all I can do is let it fall forward, I can't even part it. I'm so thankful that he inheritated Adam's face shape and not mine.
In the last week or so Nicolas has started to stick his bottom lip out in a real pout if he can't do something and give me sad eyes, like on the photo above. I've not got a pouting picture yet, but it's a very cute face!
The kids spent most of last week outside after school playing with the neighbors kids. They are really cute and I enjoy spending time with them.

I let the kids do homework outside whenever possible as it makes it seem less like work.
Kenli's deck was one of the best things we've done in the yard, I love sitting on it and watching the kids play and they use it as another thing to climb on!
Nicolas has just got some new shoes which are an 8 extra wide but his favorite shoes are his sheep wellies from Nicole and William. I have to jam his foot into them as they are only a 6 and I can see how his foot bulges in them, but he insists on wearing them.
I thought this was a 'stylish' outfit worthy of a photo.

Jaden had to make a terrarium for school which he sprung on us at the last minute, so it was basic to say the least, but at least it was done.

I've nearly finished edging the fence and the kids love digging for worms in the soil. It kept them busy for a couple of hours.
I was going to make a mud pit for them to dig in, but as Adam pointed out the fence, play house and the kids would end up covered in mud, so I'm still thinking about it.
Nicolas still hates having mucky hands and will run up to you and sneakily wipe them on you if he gets half a chance.
Now I know Mom and Dad are coming to stay I was hoping it would motivate me to do more in the yard this week but I've got no motivation. It's a bit too cold and I'm so tired after my late night reading Twilight. Maybe later in the week my motivation will return.
On Wednesday Babies & Beyond did a craft at the church's Spring Fling. The girls above are some really good friends of mine who I asked to become my committe for Babies & Beyond too. They have some great ideas and they are forcing me to become more organized and plan better too. Jennifer headed up the craft for us and everyone helped man the craft table and it went so well. I'm excited about what we can achieve in the future.
There were all kinds of things for the kids to do and Kirsten got her face painted and then did an egg and spoon race.
Everyone had a good time and we got lots of compliments on our craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment