Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break Easter Egg Hunt

I've not had time to do anything with MOM'S club for ages but they organized an easter egg hunt at one of our favorite parks, so we decided to go along. Now I'm trying to be all relaxed and spend my time with the kids, not cleaning or doing stuff for other people, it meant that I only baked the cake I was taking in the morning so it was still hot when we got there.



We still managed to get there for 9am with all the bikes, the trailer and our picnic stuff.


It was the first time both kids had gone in the trailer together and as you can see Nicolas wasn't impressed to be squished next to Adison. She was just totally confused by the whole thing!


We went round the park a couple of times and Leo did great running along side my bike. He's not done that for ages but he seemed to remember how to behave. Then we went to the pavilion for snacks with the other Mom's.
After snacks the kids all lined up ready to "hunt" for the eggs. As most of the kids are 4 and under, the eggs were all just laid out on the grass.

Jaden and Kirsten did great as because I told them they could only collect 12 eggs each and that they had to let the little ones go first. They couldn't have been any better behaved and they helped Nicolas find all his eggs.

Nicolas understood the concept of hunting for eggs a bit better than he did last year, but he still wanted to eat the contents of each egg as he collected them, rather than waiting until the end.





It's only when I see all the kids together that I realize just how many kids Adam has! Often I'll see someone with lots and lots of kids when we are out somewhere, and then I'll realize that they only have four like us!





Adison was confused by all the activity and was just happy to be part of the action.


Kirsten found some woman who was raising two ducklings and had them in a stroller of all things!!

It's a good job Adison is such a relaxed baby as Kirsten's new favorite thing to do is dress her up! She doesn't seem to mind, I think she just likes the attention.

I can keep Adison entertained for a hour or so by sitting her next to the toy box. She wiggles around and then pulls herself up so her bottom is just off the ground, but she is still sitting, to look in the toy box. We keep thinking that she will eventually pull herself up to standing, but she doesn't seem interested.


Our neighborhood used to be filled with boys when we first moved here, but now there are as many girls as boys, so Kirsten has lots of friends to choose from. Yvette bought Nicolas some chalk and everyone loves to use it. The girls are much more creative though.


On Saturday we went to my other favorite park with Jaden's friend Garrett too. Adam got to pull the trailer this time and as there are lots of hills, he got a good workout.

The kids played on the playset and then joined Adam fishing.



Jaden had forgotten a jacket, so he had to wear Adam's!

It was very windy and Adam didn't catch any fish, but it was a fun way to spend an afternoon.


Even Leo had a good time.

There were plenty of dogs for Leo to watch as you can see in the background. I hope to go back later this week to cycle with the kids again. Thanks to my spinning class I'm actually reasonable fit for cycling now, but I can only really go as fast as Leo can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment