Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Mother's Day and Last Week
We have had a relaxing week as last weekend we went camping in Tennessee. It was wonderful to see Yvette, David and the children, but it was so wet and traumatic that neither Yvette or I took photos!! We arrived and got the tent up just as it started to rain, and the then it rained no stop until left early on Saturday. By the time we had packed up the campsite the kids were so wet and miserable that we stopped off at Yvette and David's left the kids with them while we finished packing up. Yvette is 36 weeks pregnant and if she wasn't my oldest friend I never would have done that to anyone! It sent her into early labor, which luckily the doctor's stopped. So this week we have taken it easy.
We've hung out on the deck a lot and Nicolas still fits in his little speedos from Shelley. I think he looks adorable in them as he has the funniest little legs, but Adam isn't so sure about them. He'll be wearing them a lot this summer.
Jon and Tori came round and Jon and Adam were wearing almost identical outfits which made us laugh. It's so wonderful having them so close by, but we are all so busy that we still only see them every few weeks.
One day this week Nicolas kept shouting, 'find me Mommy' and I eventually found him in the laundry basket. His ability to climb amazes me, it's definately something he gets from Adam.
I had 600 carnations to organize being handed out for Mother's Day and the only thing I had that was big enough to put them in was Nicolas' sand box. It was Leo's dream, the biggest piece of plastic that he could lie in as well as chew! Thankfully he hasn't chewed anything for ages. He's definately growing up at last.
I had no idea how many flowers 600 would be and in the end it was quite managable. They had the leaves stripped off them already, so I just cut the ends of the stems and soaked them and then put them in the buckets I'd borrowed from church.
I know so many people at church and so many friends volunteered to help hand out the flowers that it all went very smoothly. The only downside was having to be at church for 7:30am to get ready for the 8am service, so I didn't get a late sleep, but it was worth it.
Woody, Stephanie, Sam, Ike and Lilli came round for the afternoon to celebrate Mother's Day. We had a BBQ and it was wonderful to relax. Nicolas adores Papa, so he was very happy to see him and Teffi.
Adison was just her cute little self.
She learned how to crawl on Friday night and perfected it on Saturday. She is still very slow and cautious and can't get over anything that is in her way, but she looks so cute. It's like having a little animal crawling around and she looks so proud of herself when she comes into the room you're in.
She also loves Papa.
And as usual he tried to give her her first taste of a banned substance, in this case a Capri Sun drink! Papa gave Nicolas his first candy and his first (and only) taste of coke, but I kind of feel that is what grandparents are for! I don't think she could get anything out of the straw anyway.
It was great to see Sam as we always mean to see each other more, but we never seem to manage it.
Adison went in the paddling pool for the first time and really enjoyed it.
We have the salt water system installed in the pool tomorrow so without chemicals it's kind of green and yukky at the moment. I will get in it once it's a bit warmer. I know come next Wednesday when the kids are off school for the summer I'll be forced into everyday, so I'm making the most of my freedom until then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment