He speaks so well now and it's facinating to get an insight into how his little mind works. He has such a great sense of humor and one of his favorite phrases is 'so funny', said in a special funny voice.
As Jaden laments every few days, 'the da days are over' as Nicolas now says 'nes', not 'da' for yes. He is just as expressive in his use of 'nes' as he was with 'da', so we don't miss 'da' too much. When they are in the bath Adison has to go by the drain because if she doesn't then she slides down the bath into Nicolas and he gets very upset if baby is in his space. Sometimes I put him by the drain just so I can see him try to move her out of the way, but of course with the slope of the bath, she slides right back into him!
Nicolas is very aware of asthetics. He will always tell me if something is pretty. He loves pretty flowers and will show me all the pretty flowers he can find. When we are planting things it's his job to water the hole the plant will go in and then the plant afterwards. He is actually very useful. Today he found the birds my great Aunt had sent for him and Adison and he brought them to me saying 'pretty birds'.
He loves to sing and if you listen to him in the morning or before nap time he will be singing to himself. He sings well for me, but once I try to film it, he goes all shy. His favorites at the moment are 'how much is that doggie in the window', 'happy birthday' and then today he started to sing 'old macdonald'. He just picks one line and sings that over and over again, but it's very cute. He also love to have 'if you're happy and you know it' sung to him, but you can only sing the clap your hands verse or he gets upset.
He still can't pronounce an 'l'. Leo is still 'Weo' but I know it will come with practice. He calls Chikfila, chickypay, which I think is so cute. I just love his little voice and wish I could freeze him at this stage. I suddenly realized as I was carrying him somewhere this week that soon he won't want to be carried or he'll be too heavy. I'm excited for all the things I can teach him as he gets older, but sad that he won't be my baby anymore.
He learns so quickly and I found out today he knows the letter 's' but I've never taught it to him. I'm constantly amazed by the things that he knows. He knows all the neighbours names and calls 'hey' to them whenever he sees them. When he sees the neighborhood kids parents he shouts, 'hey Jenny Daddy' or 'hey Danella Mommy'.
He also likes to pretend to be Leo. He can climb up the back of the truck and over the tailgate and into the hole in the truck cover where Leo sticks his head out. He'll tell you over and over again 'me Weo' until you acknowledge that he's Leo. Last week he climbed on Adam's truck which has a metal cover on the truck bed and he's used to it being cold, but his time it was hot from the sun and boy did he scream!
I know there are a million things I should be writing down about him, but I always forget. I can't wait for Mom and Dad to spend time with him. I'm getting him hyped up already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment