Sunday, February 7, 2010

Nicolas Watching the Skiing

Because of the power problems we could only ski on Tuesday night. I realised it would be no fun for anyone if Adam and I both tried to ski so I said I'd watch Nicolas and Adison while he skied with Jaden and Kirsten. I can ski a little bit, thanks to my friends Angie and Rich, but I'm used to skiing on powdery Canadian snow, not packed ice, so I knew I wouldn't have been able to help the kids, where as Adam is excellent on ice as that is all he's skied on. Part of me was really envious of them all skiing, but I know that in a few years all four kids will be skiing with us.

Nicolas and Adison were both cold and miserable as it was bath and bed time as far as they were concerned, so they shouldn't be freezing watching the kids skiing! Nicolas hates it when the sun sets because he know it's nearly bedtime, but he knows the sun goes to Australia to give Uncle George sun light and keep the wombats warm! As you can tell he wasn't happy but I took them both back and gave them a bath and ice cream as a treat while Adam and the kids skied. In the end it was a great day and I know one day Adam and I will ski together at Tremblant with Rich and Angie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment