Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day for the Kids

Valentine's Day was definately not a kids celebration when I was younger, I knew I'd never get a valentine from anyone in school, so I never looked forward to it particularly. I did end up gettin 3 during my time at school. I did find it strange that it's such a big thing for kids here, but now I really enjoy it. We really celebrated this year now the kids are living with us and Nicolas is old enough to understand.
We decided to celebrate on Thursday as Nicolas had his preschool valentine's party that day and the kids were going to their Mom's for the weekend.
I got up early and hung the decorations I'd made and then I made Adam a heart shaped omlette and the kids pink heart shaped pancakes with icecream and syrup. Adam isn't big on pancakes or he would have had the same as them.
We'd got them some candy and Nicolas and Adison had a teddy as I try not to give them too much candy.
It was a fun start to the day, especially being able to eat so much sugar for breakfast!
Adison didn't wake up until 7:30am so she missed out on the main breakfast, but she loved her bear.
This is the expression Adison pulls now when you say 'smile'! I think I prefered her scrunched up nose smile instead, it's definately not her best look!

No comments:

Post a Comment