Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rock Cimbing Again

I think this will be the last time I blog about rock climbing because all the pictures look the same - peoples bottoms hanging in the air!
This is Jaden and Kirsten and they both did great as usual. Now we know what happens it was a lot more relaxed than the first time.
The kids did run around a lot more than last time which I hate as I worry they'll get in the way of a serious climber, but they did OK overall.
Woody and Stephanie came too which was wonderful as I had Stephanie to talk to while I watched the little ones and Woody could belay for one of the kids.
We were so excited that Sam, Ike and Lilli could come too. Ike is a natural climber like Kirsten but Lilli struggled a bit more. She tried really hard and managed to get pretty high. Ike made it to the top of the wall which is a real achievement.
Adison was allowed out of the stroller this time as it wasn't quite as busy and she had a great time running around and swinging on ropes.
Kirsten and Lilli on the boulders.
Kirsten makes impossible things looks so easy. I can't imagine being able to hold myself upside down and then flip over and hang there!
I hope Nicolas was picking up tips from her!
Lilli climbs the wall with a bit of help from Papa
Kirsten makes it to the top again.
and so does Adam while Woody belays for him.
He got over an overhang which is so much harder than it looks, and he did it in his work shoes!
Woody had to show Adam that whatever he could do, Woody could do too!!
Then Sam had a go and did great. I think next time I may have a go too, but I doubt I'll even make it half way up. I acknowledge my weaknesses!!

It was a fun night and we plan to go every few weeks and try to put the kids in a summer camp for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment