Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Adison at 10 Months - Crawling and Passy Free!

Inspite of this picture showing her with a passy, she has been passy free for a week now. She had started to wake in the night because it had fallen out, so that was the end of passy! It took a week of holding her until she was asleep to wean her off it, but she's fine now.

She is just adorable when she goes to sleep because she rolls on her side and then puts her foot up over the crib bumper and snuggles into her quilt or lovey. She just looks so cute and cuddly and I love her when I wake her up to because no matter how deeply asleep she's been, she always smiles and kicks her legs with excitement and then sneezes as soon as you put the light on.
She finally got her first tooth last week. It's still coming through, but it is there! I can't wait until she has teeth because she refuses to let us feed her. If you hold her arms down you can maybe get 3 or 4 spoonfuls in her mouth before she waves her arms up and down and clamps her mouth shut. She lives on fruit, especially strawberries, peas, brocolli and any kind of bread, crackers or cookie I can get into her. I've made all kinds of purees for her, but she just isn't interested.
She is still just the most content baby. She loves to hold things and bang them together and is very dexterous. When we came back from camping in TN I kept her occupied for an hour or more handing her one cheerio at a time in the truck. She just likes taking hold of them and getting them in her mouth.
I thought that she would be more advanced than Nicolas but she isn't. I just looked back at the blog, and Nicolas did so much more than her at this age, but I'm quite happy with her staying my little baby for as long as possible.
She has been able to push herself from her stomach back up to sitting for a couple of weeks now and the on Friday she just pushed up on to her knees and crawled tentatively forward. She has now perfected crawling, but she is still slow. She is so proud of herself if she crawls into the room you are in from another room. It's like having a little animal in the house.

Now she's crawling, Leo has suddenly become very interesting to her. She crawled over to him this morning and tried to climb on him. You could just see Leo thinking, "Oh no, not another small child to climb and jump all over me!"

She also knows that lovey is Nicolas' most important possesion, so everytime she sees it on the floor, she crawls over and starts chewing it, which he hates. I think it's her revenge for all the times he's hit her! She wants any toy or sippy cup he's drinking from too. She can now drink from a cup if I hold it for her, but we haven't started on a straw yet.



The days of her sitting in her pram are over as she is much more mobile, and we've turned her around in the car seat, which she loves. I always feel so sorry for babies just staring at the back of the seat on long journeys. I felt very sad packing away the car seat and pram. Part of me wishes we could have another baby, but I soon forget that idea when I have to pack all the kids up to take them to Kirsten's swim practice everyday! Five would be just too much!

1 comment:

  1. she is so cute and cuddly! i love the faces she makes.

    ReplyDelete