Kirsten, being Kirsten, took to swimming like a natural and within a week has gone from barely being able to swim across our pool to being able to do a whole length of the swim team pool and hopefully will move up to the next level this week.
So it seems that the only one in the family who gets hot and tired during practice from running after Nicolas as he follows Jaden and Kirsten around and gets in the way, is me!! We have been having practices after school this week so the kids get off the bus, have a quick snack, get into their swim stuff, race out the door, have the practice and then race home and are tired and hungry. I'm also tired so it's not been fun trying to get food on the table asap before everyone melts down! We only have another 2 days of afternoon practices (and crazy busy days with award ceremonies at school), and then summer begins and practices are during the day. Life should be a bit easier then. I'm lucky because I really like a lot of the Mom's on the swim team, so there are lots of people to talk to, and hopefully I'll get a bit of a tan this summer.
that is my parent's neighborhood pool! they leave across the street from it. let me know when you are there and we can get together.
ReplyDelete