It was a wonderful weekend and now I have a fun and busy week ahead baking for Nicolas' preschool party, a friend's birthday party and getting ready for Mom and Dad coming in on Monday. I'm so glad all my Christmas presents are bought and wrapped so I can focus on the things that matter most about Christmas, making memories with family and friends.
Monday, December 14, 2009
A Relaxing Sunday
The kids slept until 8am on Sunday so we got a bit of a late sleep and then we opened the presents that Teresa and Mark had got the kids for Christmas.
They are so generous and spoil the kids so much. Dana was in charge of handing out all the presents and the kids were really excited as they hadn't been allowed to open presents on Saturday, as there was just too much going on.




Teresa had asked what the kids would like and as Nicolas and Adison are so little I'd asked for a geotrax bridge with the plane track attached for Nicolas, as we've bought him the airport that goes with it. Adison is having a baby doll Christmas and so they got her the cutest little highchair for her babies.

Kirsten got a whole lot of art stuff and Jaden was in heaven as they gave him some computer game he's been wanting for years. They spent the rest of the day playing with their gifts and having a wonderful time.
I'd cooked a big shepherds pie on Saturday so I knew we had lots of food, so Jon, Tori, Aunt Mechelle and Adam's stepsister Melody and her boyfriend all came over for lunch. Whenever Teresa and Mark come to stay it's great to be able to invite people over and make it a big party. I love Adam's step sister and the kids adore her boyfriend Jack because he's a better looking version of their ex-stepdad, who they miss a lot.
Erin stopped by too with Jack and Bowen, so it was a busy, family filled afternoon and it stopped the day having that kind of flat feeling that you get after a big event.
Teresa, Mark, Jon, Bowen, Tori
Jack, Melody, Erin
It was the first time Adam's aunt Mechelle had seen the house since we remodelled and it was also the first time she got to spent one on one time with Nicolas. He just loved her!
We all got wonderful presents as well. I felt like the geotrax and highchair were my presents as I'll be the one who plays with them most, but Adam and I got so many other things that we felt very spoilt.
This year has been such a crazy one with us all adjusting to the kids coming to live here, but I feel like 2010 is going to be great. I have my energy back, I feel like the old me again, Adison is old enough to get a babysitter and I want to spend more time with family and friends.
When everyone finally left Teresa and I got to sit down with a glass of wine and just relax and chat. That is my favorite thing because she has such great memories of Adam as a child and I get to imagine what he was like when he was little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment