Friday, August 6, 2010

Dunwoody Nature Center

Before we went to see Nicolas' surgeon last week we stopped off at Dunwoody Nature Reserve. It was free and on the way, but a bit too far to drive without a reason. We only had an hour there but it was wonderful.

They had made these pictures from old bottle tops which I thought was so clever. I can copy most ideas but I never think of creative things like that.


There were lots of really pretty trails but unfortunately they were infested with mosquitoes. That was one of the reasons we left. I didn't want to be eaten alive!

When I was pregnant with Nicolas I wanted him to be just like Adam but I wanted him to have blue eyes (thank you Teresa!), some hair (Woodall babies are all bald like Adison, but he had a little bit) and a sense of direction. I love Adam to death but without GPS he's not the greatest at directions. Well I got my wish! Nicolas amazes me because if you take him somewhere once he will always remember. He got a map at the nature center and decided to guide us around the trails. He didn't really understand, but it was a step in the right direction. He always asks for the road atlas if we go on a long trip in the car and 9 times out of 10 he can point to where we live on a map of the USA.











No comments:

Post a Comment